- German Tankards and Steins: Part 8–Character Steins | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on German Tankards and Steins: Part 6–Mettlach and the Germany Identity
- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- #HBD Joan Miró! Joan Miró, The King's Jester (Le Fou Du Roi), 1926. Oil, pencil and charcoal on canvas. http://t.co/74WjX4FvhR - 1 hour ago
- Creating more than clothing? Learn about the role designers play in making a social impact: bit.ly/1JZB9C8 http://t.co/RZMVtpvImT - 5 hours ago
- Did you strike a pose in the photo booth at #MAMAfterDark Be Y.O.U. Friday night? on.fb.me/1G0HfOS http://t.co/Es1og12FeG - 7 hours ago
- Are you following @milwaukeeart on @instagram? bit.ly/1CV2QaA - 10 hours ago
- RT @ContraryMary: Had so much fun last night @MilwaukeeArt’s #MAMafterdark! http://t.co/16YXs0SplB - 10 hours ago
Category Archives: Curatorial
My post this month is about tin-glazed earthenware. Wait! Don’t run! I know that this is one kind of ceramic that makes the study of decorative arts confusing. So many names, so much technical jargon—it’s a headache! But stick with … Continue reading
Many people probably thing that international trade and technical innovations is something new: it’s important now, in the digital age; it was important in the 20th century, and perhaps influential as far back as the industrial revolution of the 19th … Continue reading
For the past few months, I’ve been lucky enough to be able to research the Milwaukee Art Museum’s collection of German drinking vessels. With over 200 steins, tankards, and jugs, we have examples that range in date from the mid-16th … Continue reading
Tired of winter yet? Wait, it’s February in Wisconsin–that’s probably a silly question. Even if you’ve had enough, the Milwaukee Art Museum’s current display of works on paper from the Collection, Winter in Color, might make you take another look … Continue reading
At the entrance to the permanent collection galleries at the Milwaukee Art Museum, you’ll find something new as of December 2013: what we affectionately call in-house our “Prototyping Pedestal.” So what exactly is it?