- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- German Tankards and Steins: Part 7–Humorous Mettlach
- Milwaukee Art Museum Launches its First Online Course
- German Tankards and Steins: Part 6–Mettlach and the Germany Identity
- German Tankards and Steins: Part 5–Introduction to Late 19th Century Germany
- Teens on Museums, Relevancy, and Community–Part 4
- RT @sarakysely: The Ebony Fashion Fair at the @MilwaukeeArt Museum is bold and beautiful. My favorite exhibit to date, thank you! - 10 hours ago
- What Color is Nude? The answer may surprise you. mam.org/calendar/event… #InspiringBeauty - 1 day ago
- Thursday is @Target #Free First Thursday! Open 10-8, with Free Admission for all. #InspiringBeauty #EbonyFashionFair - 2 days ago
- RT @StaceyJAlways: @PEARLS4TeenGirl @MilwaukeeArt #fashionmatters http://t.co/2RIAoCRCdD - 3 days ago
- RT @lacicoppins: Students learning that #fashionmatters @MilwaukeeArt with educators from @FirstStage and docent tours! http://t.co/5r1Cwx2… - 3 days ago
Category Archives: Curatorial
For the past few months, I’ve been lucky enough to be able to research the Milwaukee Art Museum’s collection of German drinking vessels. With over 200 steins, tankards, and jugs, we have examples that range in date from the mid-16th … Continue reading
Tired of winter yet? Wait, it’s February in Wisconsin–that’s probably a silly question. Even if you’ve had enough, the Milwaukee Art Museum’s current display of works on paper from the Collection, Winter in Color, might make you take another look … Continue reading
At the entrance to the permanent collection galleries at the Milwaukee Art Museum, you’ll find something new as of December 2013: what we affectionately call in-house our “Prototyping Pedestal.” So what exactly is it?
Until February 9, the mezzanine will display works on paper that celebrate the natural world. You will not only have the opportunity to see a selection of our fantastic Rembrandt etchings and landscapes by other Dutch artists, but you’ll also … Continue reading
This past summer, we hosted 30 Americans, featuring works of art by contemporary African-American artists. The exhibition was, by the numbers, a huge success: we had an attendance goal of 85,140 and our actual attendance was 114,389! But impact goes … Continue reading