- #writerproblems: Taking a Break | Jean Lee's World on Community Outreach–The Collaborative Chihuly
- Donna from MyOBT on Jaime Hayon: Technicolor
- A Fold of Chairs – In Want of Jasmine on To touch, or not to touch?
- Em on Milwaukee Studio Visit: Heather Hambrecht’s Studio (h(om)e)
- Marius on From the Collection–Andrea Locatelli’s Landscapes
- We are proud of this partnership with @hungertaskforce through our Kohl's Art Generation program! cbs58.com/news/milwaukee… - 19 hours ago
- Sharing food and art at @hungertaskforce https://t.co/Js4Gg5to21 - 1 day ago
- Every Tuesday during the season of travel, we will be highlighting the works in our Collection that are on loan to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… - 1 day ago
- Coming Away: Winslow Homer and England opens in just 10 days! Article @BostonGlobe bostonglobe.com/arts/art/2017/… - 2 days ago
- Thanks to artist-designer Jaime Hayon for inspiring students at MIAD and our visitors during his trip to Milwaukee… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… - 3 days ago
Tag Archives: european painting
It’s always so exciting to get a painting out of storage! I’m happy to report that a lovely seventeenth century portrait is newly on view in the Renaissance galleries (Main Level S103). It has been carefully cleaned and looks marvelous.
The Milwaukee Art Museum’s painting by Francisco de Zurbarán (Spanish, 1598–1664), Saint Francis of Assisi in His Tomb, has been popular with museum goers since it entered the collection in 1958. This is probably not surprising, since Zurbarán’s work is … Continue reading
What makes an artist influential? Most would say it the art he or she creates, because most likely that artwork was created in some sort of special way. And although that is true, I would argue that that is only … Continue reading
This still life is probably one of the only signed paintings by Flemish flower painter Maria-Theresia van Thielen. It is truly a jewel of the collection! Maria-Theresia van Thielen was one of three daughters of flower painter Jan Philips van … Continue reading