The current exhibition in the European works on paper rotation space (on view until July 30) is Alluring Artifice: Mannerism in the Sixteenth Century. The show features 30 prints that explore Mannerism, a movement that emerged in European art around 1510-20 and lasted until about 1600. Characterized by densely packed compositions and a focus on the human form, the style resulted in images that are deliberately challenging in both design and technique. One of the prints featured in the show is Preparations for the Wedding Banquet of Cupid and Psyche, an important recent acquisition by the Italian female engraver Diana Mantuana (ca. 1547–1612), who is sometimes referred to as Diana Scultori.
- Keep up Man! – Historical Dress Blog on From the Collection–John Henry Belter Sofa
- Julia Phillips on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- From the Collection–Porcelain Tankards | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Chestnut Bowl and Stand
- From the Collection–Porcelain Tankards | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on German Tankards and Steins: Part 2–Stoneware Vessels
- From the Collection–Porcelain Tankards | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on German Tankards and Steins: Part 3—Tin-Glazed Earthenware
- RT @BaderGiving: #HailWeNowSingJoy, @MilwaukeeArt #Tonight shows new paintings and sculptures from #RashidJohnson. urbanmilwaukee.com/pressrelease/m… - 1 day ago
- RT @HauserWirth: 'Rashid Johnson. Hail We Now Sing Joy’ opening today @MilwaukeeArt includes the installation 'Antoine's Organ' https://t.c… - 1 day ago
- Rashid Johnson: #HailWeNowSingJoy OPENS TODAY! ow.ly/YCsN30cQrjH https://t.co/y5MC8yXdCL - 1 day ago
- We have a full house for our Member Preview lecture with #RashidJohnson and Marcelle Polednik. The exhibition opens… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… - 2 days ago
- See our feature exhibition space transformed! Rashid Johnson: #HailWeNowSingJoy opens this Friday. Learn more:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… - 3 days ago