From June 18 to September 20, the Milwaukee Art Museum is proud to temporarily house works by some of the most famous artists in history in an exhibition titled Van Gogh to Pollock: Modern Rebels. One such rebel artist, whose painting Self-Portrait with Monkey is displayed in this extraordinary exhibition, is Frida Kahlo. In honor of her 108th birthday on July 6, we celebrate the life and mind of this strong woman and creative artist.
- Christina Zawadiwsky on Happy Birthday, Frida Kahlo!
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Meissen Porcelain Manufactory, Two-Handled Urn
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Mythology at the Milwaukee Art Museum–Part 1
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Ancient Greek Vases
- Questions of Provenance—Nazi-era Germany | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on A Time When Modern Was “Degenerate”
- RT @Josh_MaxwellM: Milwaukee Love.👦🏾 @VisitMKE @TravelWI @MilwaukeeArt @MarquetteU http://t.co/3m9e1yCVu8 - 5 hours ago
- RT @visitmilwaukee: Yoga @ the @MilwaukeeArt this weekend! bit.ly/1dKvgxE - 5 hours ago
- There's still time to win a year's membership to the Milwaukee Art Museum. Upload a photo of you… instagram.com/p/42TEQkn9zw/ - 5 hours ago
- Come see Café Calatrava Executive Chef Micah Kaufman at Bastille Days, for a demonstration of a French-inspired dish. bit.ly/1Thh1QP - 6 hours ago
- #HBD to Marc Chagall, born today in 1887. See this early modernist's work in #VanGoghToPollock! @… instagram.com/p/42EtPkH95s/ - 7 hours ago