- From the Collection–The Temple of Flora | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection: The Annuciation by Hendrick Goltzius
- danielteolijr on From the Collection: The Annuciation by Hendrick Goltzius
- What Does It Mean To “Curate”? – Bright, shiny objects! on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- John Chiplinsky on German Tankards and Steins: Part 3—Tin-Glazed Earthenware
- Keep up Man! – Historical Dress Blog on From the Collection–John Henry Belter Sofa
- MAM Celebrates 150 Years of Frank Lloyd Wright–Part Two: The Potential of Plywood
- MAM Celebrates 150 Years of Frank Lloyd Wright–Part One: Presenting Prairie Style
- John J. Reiss: Artist, Designer, and Collector
- From the Collection–The Temple of Flora
- Social before Social Media: Paul Druecke: A Social Event Archive, 1997–2007
- Drop by the Kohl's Art Generation Studio this weekend & create art! Kids 12 & under are free thanks to Kohl's Cares. ow.ly/dCzl30fWMLE - 1 day ago
- #MAMAfterDark clue #3: Don't miss the scene culmination & chance to vote for "Who 'Dun It" in Windhover Hall at approx. 22:00 hours! - 1 day ago
- #MAMAfterDark Murder Mystery clue #2: Keep an eye out for connections between DeVille and LaFronte; Fines and Biggs; Masters and Pedigree. - 1 day ago
- #MAMAfterDark Murder Mystery Clue #1: Visit Windhover Hall, Gallery K109, & the Sculpture Court to view the scenes from 8-10 p.m.! - 1 day ago
- We're at @RadioMilwaukee giving out passes and taking pledges. Support local radio and see our exhibitions free. https://t.co/Q0ssG4mo9v - 2 days ago
Author Archives: Chelsea Emelie Kelly
In part two of my three posts on this year’s Satellite teen program, I’m sharing the unexpected data that helped me see the bigger picture about my students’ ability to reflect thanks to being in the program.
Over the past four years, I have worked with hundreds of Milwaukee-area teens who love art, and who, over their time in teen programs at the Milwaukee Art Museum, grow to love museums as well. I have always had a … Continue reading
Teen programs provide a very different kind of opportunity for museums to experiment with interpretation. Because many teens participate in multiple programs for extended lengths of time, they become advocates and resources for our museums and collections. Here at the … Continue reading
How do art museums engage teenagers? We offer a number of internships at the Milwaukee Art Museum for teens, but for most students, their first (and sometimes only) exposure to the Museum is through a school field trip. In collaboration … Continue reading
At the entrance to the permanent collection galleries at the Milwaukee Art Museum, you’ll find something new as of December 2013: what we affectionately call in-house our “Prototyping Pedestal.” So what exactly is it?