- John Chiplinsky on German Tankards and Steins: Part 3—Tin-Glazed Earthenware
- Keep up Man! – Historical Dress Blog on From the Collection–John Henry Belter Sofa
- Julia Phillips on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- From the Collection–Porcelain Tankards | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Chestnut Bowl and Stand
- From the Collection–Porcelain Tankards | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on German Tankards and Steins: Part 2–Stoneware Vessels
- TOMORROW! Explore the paintings and sculptures in Rashid Johnson: #HailWeNowSingJoy with curator, Margaret Andera.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… - 15 hours ago
- ArtPacks are family-friendly activities that are available to check out during Museum hours for free!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… - 17 hours ago
- RT @BaderGiving: #HailWeNowSingJoy, @MilwaukeeArt #Tonight shows new paintings and sculptures from #RashidJohnson. urbanmilwaukee.com/pressrelease/m… - 3 days ago
- RT @HauserWirth: 'Rashid Johnson. Hail We Now Sing Joy’ opening today @MilwaukeeArt includes the installation 'Antoine's Organ' https://t.c… - 3 days ago
- Rashid Johnson: #HailWeNowSingJoy OPENS TODAY! ow.ly/YCsN30cQrjH https://t.co/y5MC8yXdCL - 3 days ago
Author Archives: Chelsea Emelie Kelly
In part two of my three posts on this year’s Satellite teen program, I’m sharing the unexpected data that helped me see the bigger picture about my students’ ability to reflect thanks to being in the program.
Over the past four years, I have worked with hundreds of Milwaukee-area teens who love art, and who, over their time in teen programs at the Milwaukee Art Museum, grow to love museums as well. I have always had a … Continue reading
Teen programs provide a very different kind of opportunity for museums to experiment with interpretation. Because many teens participate in multiple programs for extended lengths of time, they become advocates and resources for our museums and collections. Here at the … Continue reading
How do art museums engage teenagers? We offer a number of internships at the Milwaukee Art Museum for teens, but for most students, their first (and sometimes only) exposure to the Museum is through a school field trip. In collaboration … Continue reading
At the entrance to the permanent collection galleries at the Milwaukee Art Museum, you’ll find something new as of December 2013: what we affectionately call in-house our “Prototyping Pedestal.” So what exactly is it?