- From the Collection–An Update on Meissen | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Meissen Porcelain Manufactory, Two-Handled Urn
- #writerproblems: Taking a Break | Jean Lee's World on Community Outreach–The Collaborative Chihuly
- Donna from MyOBT on Jaime Hayon: Technicolor
- A Fold of Chairs – In Want of Jasmine on To touch, or not to touch?
- Em on Milwaukee Studio Visit: Heather Hambrecht’s Studio (h(om)e)
- Don’t forget May is Member Month! Receive deeper discounts at the Museum Store, Café Calatrava, East End and Windho… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… - 15 hours ago
- It’s the final weekend to see “Coming Away: Winslow Homer.” Don’t miss the exhibition that explores the pivotal mom… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… - 1 day ago
- Coming to MAM After Dark tonight? Share a moment or highlight on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… - 2 days ago
- See the photographs created by three nineteenth-century artists—who used the cutting-edge photographic technology o… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… - 2 days ago
- Happy International Museum Day! #IMD2018 https://t.co/UUtvbPHVsf - 2 days ago
Author Archives: Chelsea Emelie Kelly
In part two of my three posts on this year’s Satellite teen program, I’m sharing the unexpected data that helped me see the bigger picture about my students’ ability to reflect thanks to being in the program.
Over the past four years, I have worked with hundreds of Milwaukee-area teens who love art, and who, over their time in teen programs at the Milwaukee Art Museum, grow to love museums as well. I have always had a … Continue reading
Teen programs provide a very different kind of opportunity for museums to experiment with interpretation. Because many teens participate in multiple programs for extended lengths of time, they become advocates and resources for our museums and collections. Here at the … Continue reading
How do art museums engage teenagers? We offer a number of internships at the Milwaukee Art Museum for teens, but for most students, their first (and sometimes only) exposure to the Museum is through a school field trip. In collaboration … Continue reading
At the entrance to the permanent collection galleries at the Milwaukee Art Museum, you’ll find something new as of December 2013: what we affectionately call in-house our “Prototyping Pedestal.” So what exactly is it?