- Dr. Holger Birkholz on From the Collection– “Meissen in Winter” by Ernst Ferdinand Oehme
- From the Vault: Rubber Stamp Portfolio, 1977 | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Herzfeld Photography, Print, and Drawing Study Center
- Diseño para el museo ágil y responsivo – NodoCultura on Help Us Prototype Your Museum Experience
- From the Collection: Monumental Orientalist Vase | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Mother of the World by Franz Ittenbach
- From the Collection: Monumental Orientalist Vase | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection: A Pair of Paintings by Alexandre Cabanel
- Detail of Fred Liang's "Morning Song" on view now in conjunction with our Kohl's Art Generation Gallery, Paper Play! https://t.co/5VL4ELXtYL - 4 hours ago
- Find center in the craziness of the holiday season this Saturday at Yoga @ the Museum! ow.ly/23cS306TQ9k https://t.co/9zHAGoqrPf - 7 hours ago
- Lavendar Magazine starts their food tour of Milwaukee with brunch at Cafe Calatrava! Read more: lavendermagazine.com/our-scene/milw… - 8 hours ago
- RT @CarlDeff: Exploring @MilwaukeeArt for the first time. This Paper Play exhibition allows kids to make their own works of art. https://t.… - 8 hours ago
- RT @WUWMradio: New @MilwaukeeArt Museum Director Sees Opportunity in Permanent Collection tinyurl.com/haql9lv - 8 hours ago
Author Archives: Chelsea Emelie Kelly
In part two of my three posts on this year’s Satellite teen program, I’m sharing the unexpected data that helped me see the bigger picture about my students’ ability to reflect thanks to being in the program.
Over the past four years, I have worked with hundreds of Milwaukee-area teens who love art, and who, over their time in teen programs at the Milwaukee Art Museum, grow to love museums as well. I have always had a … Continue reading
Teen programs provide a very different kind of opportunity for museums to experiment with interpretation. Because many teens participate in multiple programs for extended lengths of time, they become advocates and resources for our museums and collections. Here at the … Continue reading
How do art museums engage teenagers? We offer a number of internships at the Milwaukee Art Museum for teens, but for most students, their first (and sometimes only) exposure to the Museum is through a school field trip. In collaboration … Continue reading
At the entrance to the permanent collection galleries at the Milwaukee Art Museum, you’ll find something new as of December 2013: what we affectionately call in-house our “Prototyping Pedestal.” So what exactly is it?