- From the Collection–An Update on Meissen | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Meissen Porcelain Manufactory, Two-Handled Urn
- #writerproblems: Taking a Break | Jean Lee's World on Community Outreach–The Collaborative Chihuly
- Donna from MyOBT on Jaime Hayon: Technicolor
- A Fold of Chairs – In Want of Jasmine on To touch, or not to touch?
- Em on Milwaukee Studio Visit: Heather Hambrecht’s Studio (h(om)e)
- No school? No worries! The Kohl's Art Generation Studio is open every day the Museum is open with hands-on art acti… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… - 21 hours ago
- RT @MikeMcCawley: This is so good! twitter.com/MilwaukeeArt/s… - 21 hours ago
- FINAL DAYS! See Jaime Hayon: Technicolor before it closes March 25. Learn more: mam.org/exhibitions/de… … https://t.co/jQEEB4o5Yb - 22 hours ago
- Head out to sea at the Kohl's Art Generation Studio! Kids can capture deep seas and whipping winds in a printmaking… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… - 2 days ago
- It is technically the #firstdayofspring but we know that spring in Milwaukee truly kicks off at #ArtinBloom. Ticket… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… - 2 days ago
Author Archives: Chelsea Emelie Kelly
In part two of my three posts on this year’s Satellite teen program, I’m sharing the unexpected data that helped me see the bigger picture about my students’ ability to reflect thanks to being in the program.
Over the past four years, I have worked with hundreds of Milwaukee-area teens who love art, and who, over their time in teen programs at the Milwaukee Art Museum, grow to love museums as well. I have always had a … Continue reading
Teen programs provide a very different kind of opportunity for museums to experiment with interpretation. Because many teens participate in multiple programs for extended lengths of time, they become advocates and resources for our museums and collections. Here at the … Continue reading
How do art museums engage teenagers? We offer a number of internships at the Milwaukee Art Museum for teens, but for most students, their first (and sometimes only) exposure to the Museum is through a school field trip. In collaboration … Continue reading
At the entrance to the permanent collection galleries at the Milwaukee Art Museum, you’ll find something new as of December 2013: what we affectionately call in-house our “Prototyping Pedestal.” So what exactly is it?