- From the Collection: Paintings by George Inness | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection: In the Catskills by Asher Brown Durand
- From the Collection: Paintings by George Inness | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection: Thomas Cole’s Storm in the Wilderness
- From the Collection: The Nudes of Anders Zorn | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection: Anders Zorn and Etching
- From the Collection: The Nudes of Anders Zorn | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection: Anders Zorn Captures Modern Life
- Bertoia Dandelion Sculpture | Logic, Astronomy, Science, and Ideas Too on Dandelions and Deck Chairs: Harry Bertoia
- Installing Rineke Dijkstra: Rehearsals, opening September 9th. ow.ly/d2g4303wgxz https://t.co/ZqGghdxTqW - 7 hours ago
- NEW ON THE BLOG: Read who and what inspired the great American painter, George Inness. ow.ly/vSA6303wbE4 https://t.co/JI6uhJ5ZmJ - 8 hours ago
- Listen to a story and create art based on what you've heard! ow.ly/eFfh303waO3 https://t.co/khQHT7qNVH - 8 hours ago
- RT @Lowlyhaijin: Bob bumps into #GeorgiaOKeefe visiting both the @MilwaukeeArt & and London's @Tate. https://t.co/ey9MgV0c9y - 8 hours ago
- RT @SarahHauer: Ashes spread onto a towering, tapestry-like work on display @MilwaukeeArt honor undignified death. From @artcity https://t.… - 1 day ago
Author Archives: Chelsea Emelie Kelly
In part two of my three posts on this year’s Satellite teen program, I’m sharing the unexpected data that helped me see the bigger picture about my students’ ability to reflect thanks to being in the program.
Over the past four years, I have worked with hundreds of Milwaukee-area teens who love art, and who, over their time in teen programs at the Milwaukee Art Museum, grow to love museums as well. I have always had a … Continue reading
Teen programs provide a very different kind of opportunity for museums to experiment with interpretation. Because many teens participate in multiple programs for extended lengths of time, they become advocates and resources for our museums and collections. Here at the … Continue reading
How do art museums engage teenagers? We offer a number of internships at the Milwaukee Art Museum for teens, but for most students, their first (and sometimes only) exposure to the Museum is through a school field trip. In collaboration … Continue reading
At the entrance to the permanent collection galleries at the Milwaukee Art Museum, you’ll find something new as of December 2013: what we affectionately call in-house our “Prototyping Pedestal.” So what exactly is it?