- 30 obras de arte que só quem é gay entende | on Mythology at the Milwaukee Art Museum–Part 1
- WEEK5：SEMINAR/WORKSHOP TANGIBLE INTERFACE + EDUCATIONAL NARRATIVE – Song on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- Yvonne Jahnke on From the Collection–“Meissen in Winter” by Ernst Ferdinand Oehme
- From the Collection–“Meissen in Winter” by Ernst Ferdinand Oehme | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Caspar David Friedrich
- Adrienne Morris on From the Collection: Bacchanals by Jean-Honoré Fragonard
- RT @ARTnewsmag: The Milwaukee Art Museum has received 500 works by Jules Chéret, the “father of the modern poster” bit.ly/2jQX4F2… - 3 hours ago
- RT @VGlazomitsky: Congratulations @MilwaukeeArt! twitter.com/artnewsmag/sta… - 3 hours ago
- RT @PrintQuarterly: Promised gift of more than 500 works by French graphic master #JulesChéret for The Milwaukee Art Museum @MilwaukeeArt.… - 3 hours ago
- This is the FINAL week to see #HauntedScreens! The exhibition closes Sunday. ow.ly/Fgve3088zSa https://t.co/aMsjyj7wz7 - 22 hours ago
- RT @MObniski: #lawrenceweiner #inherentinnatetension opens tom @MilwaukeeArt & I'm feeling anxious on eve of inauguration #temperedwithinth… - 1 day ago
Author Archives: Chelsea Emelie Kelly
In part two of my three posts on this year’s Satellite teen program, I’m sharing the unexpected data that helped me see the bigger picture about my students’ ability to reflect thanks to being in the program.
Over the past four years, I have worked with hundreds of Milwaukee-area teens who love art, and who, over their time in teen programs at the Milwaukee Art Museum, grow to love museums as well. I have always had a … Continue reading
Teen programs provide a very different kind of opportunity for museums to experiment with interpretation. Because many teens participate in multiple programs for extended lengths of time, they become advocates and resources for our museums and collections. Here at the … Continue reading
How do art museums engage teenagers? We offer a number of internships at the Milwaukee Art Museum for teens, but for most students, their first (and sometimes only) exposure to the Museum is through a school field trip. In collaboration … Continue reading
At the entrance to the permanent collection galleries at the Milwaukee Art Museum, you’ll find something new as of December 2013: what we affectionately call in-house our “Prototyping Pedestal.” So what exactly is it?