- From the Collection–The Mocking of Ceres | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection: Bacchanals by Jean-Honoré Fragonard
- MAM Behind-the-Scenes: Where Did They Go? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on MAM Behind-the-Scenes: Rotating the Collection
- MAM Behind-the-Scenes: Where Did They Go? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Making an Exhibition, Part 1: The Artwork’s Story
- MAM Behind-the-Scenes: Where Did They Go? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection: Bacchanals by Jean-Honoré Fragonard
- MAM Behind-the-Scenes: Where Did They Go? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Matisse versus Picasso
- RT @SarahHauer: Be entranced by life in #NYC shown in extreme slow motion @milwaukeeart by James Nares. For @journalsentinel https://t.co/O… - 16 hours ago
- RT @SocialRugratMKE: Story Time in the Galleries TOMORROW @MilwaukeeArt #kids bit.ly/2lUsw6d https://t.co/cyHMLgtBe8 - 16 hours ago
- RT @620wtmj: What is the future of @MilwaukeeArt? How to attract #millennials? Its new exec. director joins @JohnMercure at 3:21 https://t… - 1 day ago
- CLOSING SUNDAY — Nature and Opulence: The Art of Martin Johnson Heade. ow.ly/LCL0309btKf https://t.co/uFtmubGa8b - 1 day ago
- RT @FlakPhoto: Really, such a great show - See this while you can! twitter.com/MilwaukeeArt/s… - 2 days ago
Author Archives: Chelsea Emelie Kelly
In part two of my three posts on this year’s Satellite teen program, I’m sharing the unexpected data that helped me see the bigger picture about my students’ ability to reflect thanks to being in the program.
Over the past four years, I have worked with hundreds of Milwaukee-area teens who love art, and who, over their time in teen programs at the Milwaukee Art Museum, grow to love museums as well. I have always had a … Continue reading
Teen programs provide a very different kind of opportunity for museums to experiment with interpretation. Because many teens participate in multiple programs for extended lengths of time, they become advocates and resources for our museums and collections. Here at the … Continue reading
How do art museums engage teenagers? We offer a number of internships at the Milwaukee Art Museum for teens, but for most students, their first (and sometimes only) exposure to the Museum is through a school field trip. In collaboration … Continue reading
At the entrance to the permanent collection galleries at the Milwaukee Art Museum, you’ll find something new as of December 2013: what we affectionately call in-house our “Prototyping Pedestal.” So what exactly is it?