- danielteolijr on From the Collection: The Annuciation by Hendrick Goltzius
- What Does It Mean To “Curate”? – Bright, shiny objects! on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- John Chiplinsky on German Tankards and Steins: Part 3—Tin-Glazed Earthenware
- Keep up Man! – Historical Dress Blog on From the Collection–John Henry Belter Sofa
- Julia Phillips on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- Social before Social Media: Paul Druecke: A Social Event Archive, 1997–2007
- What is the Neighborhood Discount Program? Discounts (and high fives) for Milwaukee Art Museum Members
- From the Collection–Miss Grace Ashburner by George Romney
- From the Collection: The Annuciation by Hendrick Goltzius
- From the Collection–Francisco de Zurbarán’s Saint Francis of Assisi in His Tomb
- RT @emsontheroad: Sunrise yoga @milwaukeeart was by far one of the coolest classes I've ever experienced. I mean look at this view 😍 I'm so… - 5 hours ago
- RT @AngieMcMonigal: @milwaukeeart the always impressive design of #santiagocalatrava (even in the parking garage!) ift.tt/2vHAney… - 5 hours ago
- RT @cemcostello: Rashid Johnson at @MilwaukeeArt: So cool to see books as an integral part of identity in sculpture. And look at all those… - 5 hours ago
- RT @MKEPressClub: Register now! Newsmaker Luncheon to feature Marcelle Polednik, president of @MilwaukeeArt on Aug. 23rd https://t.co/RrNy… - 5 hours ago
- RT @RainaWrites: What?!!? I had NO idea. This is amazing and my favorite yoga studio is in the program!!! Exciting times ahead for me! http… - 5 hours ago
Author Archives: MAM Admin
The Milwaukee Art Museum’s current feature exhibition, Milwaukee Collects, includes more than 100 objects from nearly 50 private collections in the Greater Milwaukee area. It offers an opportunity to see treasures that are typically not on public view. At the … Continue reading
Christine Symchych is a member of the Milwaukee Art Museum’s board. She and her husband, Jim McNulty, focus their collecting on photography.
Eckhart Grohmann has collected art since the 1960s. His “Man at Work” collection, which he donated to the Milwaukee School of Engineering, comprises more than eleven hundred paintings and sculptures and focuses on people at work through time. The Grohmann … Continue reading
Sande Robinson is a former trustee of the Milwaukee Art Museum and the president of the African American Art Alliance, one of the Museum’s nine support groups. She is lending Still Life #2 by Milwaukee-native Tyanna Buie to the exhibition.
Jody and Dick Goisman’s passion for decorative arts and design, particularly Art Deco, started early in their lives. They, in turn, became strong leaders in the creation, funding, and acquisition of objects for the Museum’s design collection. Their loans are … Continue reading