- From the Collection–Character Steins | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on German Tankards and Steins: Part 6–Mettlach and the Germany Identity
- Questions of Provenance: Evening on the Seashore—Tangiers by Jean Joseph Benjamin Constant | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection: Monumental Orientalist Vase
- Jeffery LeMieux on Slow Art–Bouguereau’s Homer and His Guide
- K. G. Mendini on What is that big, orange thing, anyway?
- From the Collection: Fighting Fauns by Franz von Stuck | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection: Bacchanals by Jean-Honoré Fragonard
- Meet Zak Groh, the Museum’s new Executive Chef!
- From the Collection–Character Steins
- Questions of Provenance: Evening on the Seashore—Tangiers by Jean Joseph Benjamin Constant
- Podcast: Artist James Nares and Curator Lisa Sutcliffe In Conversation
- From the Collection: Fighting Fauns by Franz von Stuck
- Still need plans for tonight? Hear how four local collectors who lent works to the #MilwaukeeCollects got started!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… - 1 day ago
- RT @RiseMitch: Dan and Howard admiring their dual portraits #risesnaps #campquad @HDRise @MilwaukeeArt https://t.co/pbMtj0IDvm - 2 days ago
- Tomorrow evening, hear how four local collectors who lent works to the #MilwaukeeCollects exhibition got started.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… - 2 days ago
- Ready for some laughs? Read about amusing German character steins in the Museum's Collection on the blog:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… - 2 days ago
- On view now through May 21 ow.ly/TVlG30bcumg. https://t.co/n9IJxa2dQx - 3 days ago
Author Archives: MAM Admin
Eckhart Grohmann has collected art since the 1960s. His “Man at Work” collection, which he donated to the Milwaukee School of Engineering, comprises more than eleven hundred paintings and sculptures and focuses on people at work through time. The Grohmann … Continue reading
Sande Robinson is a former trustee of the Milwaukee Art Museum and the president of the African American Art Alliance, one of the Museum’s nine support groups. She is lending Still Life #2 by Milwaukee-native Tyanna Buie to the exhibition.
Jody and Dick Goisman’s passion for decorative arts and design, particularly Art Deco, started early in their lives. They, in turn, became strong leaders in the creation, funding, and acquisition of objects for the Museum’s design collection. Their loans are … Continue reading
The Milwaukee Art Museum, like many other large museums, has so much art that it is impossible to display it all at once; there is just not enough space in the galleries. Instead, the museum often rotates their installations, allowing … Continue reading
Mrs. M.––––– ’s Cabinet is currently featuring an installation that was developed by University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee students enrolled in the course “Curating Mrs. M.––––– ’s World.” The project resulted in the display of seven acquisitions by the Chipstone Foundation. The … Continue reading