- Adrienne Morris on From the Collection–On the Eve of Her Wedding by Antonio Mancini
- Christina Zawadiwsky on Happy Birthday, Frida Kahlo!
- Susan Eiden on From the Collection–Possum Trot
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Meissen Porcelain Manufactory, Two-Handled Urn
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Mythology at the Milwaukee Art Museum–Part 1
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Tag Archives: Chipstone Foundation
Based on my title for this blog post you might expect this to be about music boxes, or perhaps creative studio art pieces that sing when you sit on them, or even some sort of game derived from musical chairs. … Continue reading
On the Museum’s Lower Level in the Hidden Dimensions gallery, there is a section on Myth, showcasing objects, such as card tables, that portray mythical figures. There are also several dishes mounted on the wall. A charger featuring the erotic … Continue reading
The exhibition Face Jugs: Art and Ritual in 19th Century South Carolina, on view this past summer at the Milwaukee Art Museum (and currently on tour through South Carolina, Alabama and Georgia), provided us at Chipstone with a rare hands-on … Continue reading
Those of you that have been through Face Jugs: Art and Ritual in 19th Century South Carolina might be wondering what the big silvery face jug is and how it fits into the exhibition. It’s a contemporary artwork by artist … Continue reading