- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Check out our 2015 #BeautyinBloom winners! mam.org/bloom/pastdesi… - 11 hours ago
- RT @CitiesAndEyes: Morning at @MilwaukeeArt #museum: lots of flowers + fantastic exhibition on @EBONYMag and black #fashion http://t.co/jGL… - 16 hours ago
- RT @hometownest: So excited to be enjoying spring and supporting local artists @MilwaukeeArt #beautyinbloom #spring - 16 hours ago
- RT @janetgourley: So much for families to do @MilwaukeeArt! Check it all out here: mam.org/artgeneration/ #MuseumWeek #familyMW http://t.co… - 17 hours ago
- RT @CMPerceptions: The lecture starts soon! Join us at the @MilwaukeeArt Museum's #BeautyInBloom #ARTLife http://t.co/d6blYbRymg - 17 hours ago
Tag Archives: Arts & Crafts Movement
Milwaukee in the early 1900s was a wealthy city known for its manufacturing—including beer, leather, steam engines, and metal machinery. Milwaukee’s industrialists brought cutting-edge technology to their businesses, and a few brought cutting-edge design into their homes. For a new … Continue reading
In honor of women’s history month, here is one of the Museum collection’s most striking objects from the Arts & Crafts Movement–an object that happens to have been designed by a woman. This poplar wood chest was made at the … Continue reading
George Niedecken’s reputation is that of a masterful Prairie School interior architect. However, because he worked as a collaborator to the master Prairie School architect, Frank Lloyd Wright, Niedecken’s legacy is often diminished. In addition to his famous collaborations on … Continue reading