- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- One week from today! omtownyogis.org/page/yoga-the-… Yoga @MilwaukeeArt @omTownYogis - 3 hours ago
- RT @BaderGiving: #MKE legends gather to celebrate the legendary Vel Phillips at @MilwaukeeArt : ht.ly/IeLTC Catch the broadcast … - 23 hours ago
- Sneak Peek inside the installation for #InspiringBeauty youtu.be/Itjs1LjSeMs - 1 day ago
- RT @BobbyOnMKEcom: Here's an illustrated update of the construction progress @MilwaukeeArt Museum: onmilwaukee.com/ent/articles/m… http://t.co/Mevwg… - 2 days ago
- RT @onmilwaukee: Get an exclusive first look how the construction is coming along at @MilwaukeeArt: buff.ly/1KbxWOr http://t.co/qXI… - 2 days ago
Tag Archives: Arts & Crafts Movement
Milwaukee in the early 1900s was a wealthy city known for its manufacturing—including beer, leather, steam engines, and metal machinery. Milwaukee’s industrialists brought cutting-edge technology to their businesses, and a few brought cutting-edge design into their homes. For a new … Continue reading
In honor of women’s history month, here is one of the Museum collection’s most striking objects from the Arts & Crafts Movement–an object that happens to have been designed by a woman. This poplar wood chest was made at the … Continue reading
George Niedecken’s reputation is that of a masterful Prairie School interior architect. However, because he worked as a collaborator to the master Prairie School architect, Frank Lloyd Wright, Niedecken’s legacy is often diminished. In addition to his famous collaborations on … Continue reading