If you really want to put this painting in context, look no further than YouTube or Netflix. In 1972, Italian filmmaker Franco Zeffirelli directed the biopic Brother Sun, Sister Moon, focusing on the life of St. Francis. You can watch a great clip of the scene of his conversion below–in which he renounces his family wealth–or rent the movie to see the whole story of St. Francis’ life.
- Christina Zawadiwsky on Jules Bastien-Lepage and the Newlyn School
- karliwurzelbacher on Mr. Layton’s Gallery–The Salon-Style Hang
- Karen Thaker on School Programs: Young Minds Create!
- Found: Local Milwaukee Artist - CURIO LOVE on Milwaukee Studio Visit: Beth Eaton Pottery
- What is the Difference Between Ceramic and Pottery?Handmade Pottery with Soulful Ceramics on German Tankards and Steins: Part 2–Stoneware Vessels
- WOWZA! Can't wait for this to open! mam.org/of-heaven-and-… @MilwaukeeArt - 18 hours ago
- Tomorrow is #AskACurator Day! Tweet your questions to @MilwaukeeArt - 22 hours ago
- This Wednesday, @MilwaukeeArt will participate in #AskACurator Day. Tweet your questions to @MilwaukeeArt! - 1 day ago
- RT @HistoricMKE: Doors Open is about a week away! Where are you gonna go? Check out our Event Guide.#domke doorsopenmilwaukee.org/event-guide/ - 1 day ago
- Brunch! http://t.co/LLtaOgfQAS - 2 days ago