If you really want to put this painting in context, look no further than YouTube or Netflix. In 1972, Italian filmmaker Franco Zeffirelli directed the biopic Brother Sun, Sister Moon, focusing on the life of St. Francis. You can watch a great clip of the scene of his conversion below–in which he renounces his family wealth–or rent the movie to see the whole story of St. Francis’ life.
- 30 obras de arte que só quem é gay entende | on Mythology at the Milwaukee Art Museum–Part 1
- WEEK5：SEMINAR/WORKSHOP TANGIBLE INTERFACE + EDUCATIONAL NARRATIVE – Song on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- Yvonne Jahnke on From the Collection–“Meissen in Winter” by Ernst Ferdinand Oehme
- From the Collection–“Meissen in Winter” by Ernst Ferdinand Oehme | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Caspar David Friedrich
- Adrienne Morris on From the Collection: Bacchanals by Jean-Honoré Fragonard
- RT @Art_Curators: Britany L. Salsbury named associate #curator of prints/drawings @MilwaukeeArt #curatorialhire bit.ly/2jjjPUF - 2 minutes ago
- This is the FINAL week to see #HauntedScreens! The exhibition closes Sunday. ow.ly/Fgve3088zSa https://t.co/aMsjyj7wz7 - 3 hours ago
- RT @MObniski: #lawrenceweiner #inherentinnatetension opens tom @MilwaukeeArt & I'm feeling anxious on eve of inauguration #temperedwithinth… - 7 hours ago
- One of our favorite #MuseumSelfie Day posts shared yesterday by Randy Bryce: https://t.co/kv95pfFH87 - 8 hours ago
- LAWRENCE WEINER: INHERENT INNATE TENSION opens Friday (1/20): ow.ly/nmzB3083V1H https://t.co/JvV7fpsMQ1 - 21 hours ago