If you really want to put this painting in context, look no further than YouTube or Netflix. In 1972, Italian filmmaker Franco Zeffirelli directed the biopic Brother Sun, Sister Moon, focusing on the life of St. Francis. You can watch a great clip of the scene of his conversion below–in which he renounces his family wealth–or rent the movie to see the whole story of St. Francis’ life.
- JULY 21—We’re creating our own brushes just like artist Jamie Nares at Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Brush… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - 4 hours ago
- JULY 18—Find your spot lakeside as Café Calatrava chefs fire up the grill and serve up a tasty à la carte meal this… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - 20 hours ago
- RT @thenation: "Her work forces viewers to question why certain tropes of femininity appear beautiful or at least normalized." https://t.co… - 2 days ago
- JULY 20—Start your Saturday with “namaste,” Monet, and a latté. Enjoy an all-levels yoga class under the Museum’s w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - 2 days ago
- Bastille Days is back! With all the exciting activities, the weekend is sure to fly by, but don’t fret—you can find… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… - 3 days ago