- danielteolijr on From the Collection: The Annuciation by Hendrick Goltzius
- What Does It Mean To “Curate”? – Bright, shiny objects! on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- John Chiplinsky on German Tankards and Steins: Part 3—Tin-Glazed Earthenware
- Keep up Man! – Historical Dress Blog on From the Collection–John Henry Belter Sofa
- Julia Phillips on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- From the Collection: The Annuciation by Hendrick Goltzius
- From the Collection–Francisco de Zurbarán’s Saint Francis of Assisi in His Tomb
- From the Collection– Preparations for the Wedding Banquet of Cupid and Psyche by Diana Mantuana
- John Rieben’s Homage to Josef Müller-Brockmann
- From the Collection–Porcelain Tankards
- 8/3: Hear from experts on importance of music, politics, and activism in art and themes within #HailWeNowSingJoy. ow.ly/f3D130dOx2g - 1 day ago
- Limited seatings are still available for our Soulful Sunday Brunch! ow.ly/KBkr30dOpt4 https://t.co/GQD8SBUdcr - 1 day ago
- See you today at Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays event! Kids 12 and under are FREE. https://t.co/fxSJAWSoJf - 2 days ago
- RT @Addy_Finch: I have such a disgusting love for glass sculpture, and @MilwaukeeArt had so much on display. You can even buy a Chihuly! h… - 3 days ago
- RT @AngieMcMonigal: Anyone have a good title for this? @milwaukeeart #santiagocalatrava ift.tt/2twlLPE https://t.co/AtM59B1ZRd - 3 days ago
Author Archives: Heather Winter
As we approach the opening of Frank Lloyd Wright: Organic Architecture for the 21st Century (February 12–May 15, 2011) this is the perfect opportunity to highlight one of the library’s most interesting volumes: a first edition of Frank Lloyd Wright: … Continue reading
How did the Milwaukee Art Institute acquire Edmund Tarbell’s “Three Sisters – A Study in June Sunlight”, 1890?
Edmund Charles Tarbell (1862 – 1938), the famed American Impressionist painter, completed Three Sisters – A Study in June Sunlight in 1890. The painting, having stirred excitement and debate in the art world from its first appearance, was acquired not … Continue reading
In response to a recent research request, I stumbled upon a Milwaukee Journal article titled “How Much Is That Braque in the Window?” Who could resist a title like that? I had to read on. The article, dated January 4, … Continue reading
In honor of the upcoming celebration for Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead), I thought I’d share with you one of my favorite rare books in the Museum’s Collection, the Monografía: Las Obras de José Guadalupe Posada, Grabador … Continue reading