In conjunction with the exhibition The San Quentin Project, The Milwaukee Art Museum is collecting books for the incarcerated people in our community. The book drive continues through March 10, 2019, through the run of the exhibition The San Quentin Project: Nigel Poor
and the Men of San Quentin State Prison.
Books most needed:
- LGBTQ nonfiction and fiction
- Dictionaries (English)
- How-tos on drawing and art making
- Books in Spanish for native speakers
- African American, Latinx, and Native American history or nonfiction
- Contemporary fiction (especially urban fiction, crime fiction, and thrillers)
- Mythology and alternative spirituality
- Recent editions of textbooks
Books should be free of markings, in new or used condition. Softcover books
are preferred, but we are able to distribute hardcover books to institutions
that allow them.
Books can be donated in Windhover Hall at collection points near the admissions desks at the Milwaukee Art Museum.
Thank you for your contributions.