So I have a little game for you when you come visit us this weekend! How Well Do You Know Art in Bloom? Can you find the locations of ALL of the following photos and detail shots!? If you’re the first person to identify everything correctly in the comments below, I’ll send you two free passes to come see our Frank Lloyd Wright: Organic Architecture for the 21st Century exhibition before it closes in May! Check out the photos after the jump. Just write down the Mystery Photo number (it’s in the captions), as well as your best description of the space, gallery name, or gallery number. Good luck!
- From the Collection–Character Steins | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on German Tankards and Steins: Part 6–Mettlach and the Germany Identity
- Questions of Provenance: Evening on the Seashore—Tangiers by Jean Joseph Benjamin Constant | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection: Monumental Orientalist Vase
- Jeffery LeMieux on Slow Art–Bouguereau’s Homer and His Guide
- K. G. Mendini on What is that big, orange thing, anyway?
- From the Collection: Fighting Fauns by Franz von Stuck | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection: Bacchanals by Jean-Honoré Fragonard
- Meet Zak Groh, the Museum’s new Executive Chef!
- From the Collection–Character Steins
- Questions of Provenance: Evening on the Seashore—Tangiers by Jean Joseph Benjamin Constant
- Podcast: Artist James Nares and Curator Lisa Sutcliffe In Conversation
- From the Collection: Fighting Fauns by Franz von Stuck
- Still need plans for tonight? Hear how four local collectors who lent works to the #MilwaukeeCollects got started!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… - 3 days ago
- RT @RiseMitch: Dan and Howard admiring their dual portraits #risesnaps #campquad @HDRise @MilwaukeeArt https://t.co/pbMtj0IDvm - 3 days ago
- Tomorrow evening, hear how four local collectors who lent works to the #MilwaukeeCollects exhibition got started.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… - 4 days ago
- Ready for some laughs? Read about amusing German character steins in the Museum's Collection on the blog:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… - 4 days ago
- On view now through May 21 ow.ly/TVlG30bcumg. https://t.co/n9IJxa2dQx - 4 days ago