If you really want to put this painting in context, look no further than YouTube or Netflix. In 1972, Italian filmmaker Franco Zeffirelli directed the biopic Brother Sun, Sister Moon, focusing on the life of St. Francis. You can watch a great clip of the scene of his conversion below–in which he renounces his family wealth–or rent the movie to see the whole story of St. Francis’ life.
- danielteolijr on From the Collection: The Annuciation by Hendrick Goltzius
- What Does It Mean To “Curate”? – Bright, shiny objects! on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- John Chiplinsky on German Tankards and Steins: Part 3—Tin-Glazed Earthenware
- Keep up Man! – Historical Dress Blog on From the Collection–John Henry Belter Sofa
- Julia Phillips on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- From the Collection: The Annuciation by Hendrick Goltzius
- From the Collection–Francisco de Zurbarán’s Saint Francis of Assisi in His Tomb
- From the Collection– Preparations for the Wedding Banquet of Cupid and Psyche by Diana Mantuana
- John Rieben’s Homage to Josef Müller-Brockmann
- From the Collection–Porcelain Tankards
- RT @lisajsutcliffe: Tonight: a conversation on #socialpractice with @Jendelosreyes and @DrueckePaul in the #herzfeldcenter @MilwaukeeArt ht… - 15 hours ago
- RT @MilwDowntown: Join @MilwaukeeArt for a docent-led tour of @theSculptureMKE, every Weds. at 1:30pm! mam.org/calendar/event… https://t.co… - 1 day ago
- RT @NextDoorMil: Next Door student art on display at the @MilwaukeeArt! Part of @Kohls Generation Family Sundays program. So proud! #little… - 1 day ago
- RT @RachaelsMusings: Meet the new director of marketing at @MilwaukeeArt tonight at 6:30 on @TheNowMilwaukee @tmj4 https://t.co/QJy0gAFQ7m - 1 day ago
- See Rashid Johnson's "Anxious Audience" series in #HailWeNowSingJoy. On view now through Sept 17!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… - 1 day ago