If you really want to put this painting in context, look no further than YouTube or Netflix. In 1972, Italian filmmaker Franco Zeffirelli directed the biopic Brother Sun, Sister Moon, focusing on the life of St. Francis. You can watch a great clip of the scene of his conversion below–in which he renounces his family wealth–or rent the movie to see the whole story of St. Francis’ life.
- WEEK5：SEMINAR/WORKSHOP TANGIBLE INTERFACE + EDUCATIONAL NARRATIVE – Song on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- Yvonne Jahnke on From the Collection–“Meissen in Winter” by Ernst Ferdinand Oehme
- From the Collection–“Meissen in Winter” by Ernst Ferdinand Oehme | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Caspar David Friedrich
- Adrienne Morris on From the Collection: Bacchanals by Jean-Honoré Fragonard
- From the Collection: Bacchanals by Jean-Honoré Fragonard | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Jean-Honoré Fragonard, The Shepherdess
- RT @MSkinnerEvents: Ready for some yoga! @MilwaukeeArt Thanks #PNC for the extra #yoga mat! - 1 day ago
- Nearly 250 happy yogis joined us this morning for Yoga @ the Museum! https://t.co/NMI5xoqqvE - 1 day ago
- RT @SarahHauer: Gift to @MilwaukeeArt: 500+ Jules Chéret works and associate curator of print and drawings For @journalsentinel https://t.c… - 2 days ago
- RT @BizTimesMedia: Wiechmanns to donate collection of French poster art to Art Museum biztimes.com/2017/01/13/wie… https://t.co/Bpt9ce7QMg - 2 days ago
- RT @sandymaxx: #TheArtsPage goes on location at @MilwaukeeArt Museum. Watch/DVR SAT JAN 14 at 11A on @MilwPBS Ch36 https://t.co/DqgQ5CTNLT - 2 days ago