If you really want to put this painting in context, look no further than YouTube or Netflix. In 1972, Italian filmmaker Franco Zeffirelli directed the biopic Brother Sun, Sister Moon, focusing on the life of St. Francis. You can watch a great clip of the scene of his conversion below–in which he renounces his family wealth–or rent the movie to see the whole story of St. Francis’ life.
- WEEK5：SEMINAR/WORKSHOP TANGIBLE INTERFACE + EDUCATIONAL NARRATIVE – Song on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- Yvonne Jahnke on From the Collection–“Meissen in Winter” by Ernst Ferdinand Oehme
- From the Collection–“Meissen in Winter” by Ernst Ferdinand Oehme | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Caspar David Friedrich
- Adrienne Morris on From the Collection: Bacchanals by Jean-Honoré Fragonard
- From the Collection: Bacchanals by Jean-Honoré Fragonard | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Jean-Honoré Fragonard, The Shepherdess
- See you Friday for #MAMAfterDark! ow.ly/Ujzt3088xBm https://t.co/YoEF7x6e26 - 1 hour ago
- RT @wumbocumbo: happy #museumselfie day 😉@MilwaukeeArt https://t.co/MWLP7Pn2uc - 2 hours ago
- RT @CKMorency: Me and Felix Gonzalez-Torres @MilwaukeeArt. #MuseumSelfieDay2017 https://t.co/OaR0cSZON9 - 3 hours ago
- Happy #MuseumSelfie Day! Share your MAM selfies with us! https://t.co/33jFVuebQ2 - 5 hours ago
- RT @claireElangan34: It's #MuseumSelfieDay @MilwaukeeArt Ft. me and my favorite Rothko ❤️ https://t.co/HdWyqA3bml - 6 hours ago