- Adrienne Morris on From the Collection–On the Eve of Her Wedding by Antonio Mancini
- Christina Zawadiwsky on Happy Birthday, Frida Kahlo!
- Susan Eiden on From the Collection–Possum Trot
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Meissen Porcelain Manufactory, Two-Handled Urn
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Mythology at the Milwaukee Art Museum–Part 1
- “Art is either plagiarism or revolution.” –Paul Gauguin #VanGoghToPollock bit.ly/1Q3eI5Z - 2 hours ago
- RT @SteveSanduski: Chief curator Brady Roberts leading a tour of @MilwaukeeArt exhibition of Modern Rebels http://t.co/HAz2Muw9r4 - 15 hours ago
- It is Thursday, which means the Museum is open until 8 p.m. tonight! Stop by after work and see #VanGoghToPollock. bit.ly/1Q3eI5Z - 20 hours ago
- RT @KingKlerlie: Milwaukee Art Museum http://t.co/Hwx9rLoFum - 20 hours ago
- RT @DenisePausback: Milwaukee Art Museum is, itself, a work of art. It sits on the Lake Michigan waterfront. #architecture #MKE http://t.c… - 20 hours ago
Tag Archives: Summer of CHINA
Welcome to the Summer of CHINA! This weekend marked the official opening of the Museum’s long-anticipated series of exhibitions celebrating 3,000 years of Chinese art and culture. If you haven’t seen it yet, make a point to stop in this … Continue reading
What do you think of when I say rocks? Probably not much of consequence. Rocks scattered on the ground, surrounded by grass and dirt. Perhaps lining a path somewhere. Maybe caught in your shoe. Rocks are not a huge part … Continue reading
If you need an excuse for cake, Thomas Chippendale would have celebrated his 293rd birthday today. Indulge and then come to the Museum’s American Collections Galleries on the Lower Level and appreciate several sumptuous forms of “Chippendale” style furniture. Chippendale was … Continue reading
Happy Summer to everyone! With Memorial Day marking the unofficial start to summer, the Museum will have expanded hours, and offer free admission to active duty military and their families.
On Thursday, May 26, the Museum will host a discussion about the controversy surrounding the Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery’s exhibition Hide/Seek: Difference and Desire in American Portraiture at 7:30 p.m. in Lubar Auditorium. The discussion will focus on the removal … Continue reading