- Christina Zawadiwsky on Jules Bastien-Lepage and the Newlyn School
- karliwurzelbacher on Mr. Layton’s Gallery–The Salon-Style Hang
- Karen Thaker on School Programs: Young Minds Create!
- Found: Local Milwaukee Artist - CURIO LOVE on Milwaukee Studio Visit: Beth Eaton Pottery
- What is the Difference Between Ceramic and Pottery?Handmade Pottery with Soulful Ceramics on German Tankards and Steins: Part 2–Stoneware Vessels
- Join in the discussion tomorrow evening. mam.org/calendar/event… @MilwaukeeArt @UWM - 13 hours ago
- Keep the questions coming! RT @AskACurator: I know there are still plenty going strong so don’t feel you have to rush! #AskACurator - 14 hours ago
- RT @treewife23: @TripAdvisor #museumweek "be the bird" taken at the Milwaukee Art Museum #metalbird #bethebird @MilwaukeeArt http://t.co/oF… - 16 hours ago
- It's #AskACurator Day! Ask anything you want or, Play "Stump the Curators" @MilwaukeeArt - 16 hours ago
- Go #MKE! marquettewire.org/2014/09/16/tri… @mutribune @MarquetteU @visitmilwaukee - 21 hours ago
Tag Archives: Summer of CHINA
Welcome to the Summer of CHINA! This weekend marked the official opening of the Museum’s long-anticipated series of exhibitions celebrating 3,000 years of Chinese art and culture. If you haven’t seen it yet, make a point to stop in this … Continue reading
What do you think of when I say rocks? Probably not much of consequence. Rocks scattered on the ground, surrounded by grass and dirt. Perhaps lining a path somewhere. Maybe caught in your shoe. Rocks are not a huge part … Continue reading
If you need an excuse for cake, Thomas Chippendale would have celebrated his 293rd birthday today. Indulge and then come to the Museum’s American Collections Galleries on the Lower Level and appreciate several sumptuous forms of “Chippendale” style furniture. Chippendale was … Continue reading
Happy Summer to everyone! With Memorial Day marking the unofficial start to summer, the Museum will have expanded hours, and offer free admission to active duty military and their families.
On Thursday, May 26, the Museum will host a discussion about the controversy surrounding the Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery’s exhibition Hide/Seek: Difference and Desire in American Portraiture at 7:30 p.m. in Lubar Auditorium. The discussion will focus on the removal … Continue reading