- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- RT @sashasinclair: #HangoutwithArt: youtu.be/Tq4GqEOdDsc via @YouTube Free #art course online from @MilwaukeeArt - 8 hours ago
- RT @YelpMKE: RSVPs now open for @MilwaukeeArt/#YelpMKE's #Frostbite Ball! Snag advance tix for access to the Polar Vortex VIP: http://t.co/… - 8 hours ago
- RT @lacicoppins: Excited to be highlighted in the @milwaukeeart and @google, Massive Open Online Course! artdaily.com/news/76060/Mil… - 11 hours ago
- Looking for #ValentinesDay inspiration? How about a romantic dinner and tour of #InspiringBeauty at @MilwaukeeArt! mam.org/calendar/event… - 13 hours ago
- RT @SAQAtweets: Inspiring Beauty: 50 Years of Ebony #Fashion Fair coming to @MilwaukeeArt saqa.co/1wylIIf #wearables http://t.co/Un4… - 13 hours ago
Tag Archives: sculpture
Now that it’s finally starting to feel like summer, let’s talk about dandelions. Sure, they’re technically weeds, and you probably don’t want them taking over your lawn. But it’s fun to make wishes on the white puffy ones, even if … Continue reading
Yes! Carl Andre’s 144 Pieces of Zinc is one of the few artworks in the Museum’s Collection that is meant to be experienced physically, and that visitors may touch. The artist felt that the qualities inherent in the material were the most important … Continue reading
Duane Hanson’s lifelike Janitor (1973) is one of the Museum’s most beloved works of art. It generates curiosity on many levels: How did the artist make the sculpture so realistic? What does this photo-realistic artwork mean? What does he wear … Continue reading
Just as you walk into the Museum’s Gallery #3 (Northern Renaissance artworks), on your right is a display case that holds a marble sculpture. It’s an unobtrusive work labeled Head of a Noblewoman, French, 14th century. I’m sure many Museum … Continue reading