- Christina Zawadiwsky on Happy Birthday, Frida Kahlo!
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Meissen Porcelain Manufactory, Two-Handled Urn
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Mythology at the Milwaukee Art Museum–Part 1
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Ancient Greek Vases
- Questions of Provenance—Nazi-era Germany | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on A Time When Modern Was “Degenerate”
- Take in a movie at the Museum this Thursday night: bit.ly/1J15jCO http://t.co/BCEEwVGGXi - 25 minutes ago
- Frida Kahlo's birthday celebration continues on the blog! Six facts you may not have known about the popular artist. bit.ly/1HaNcvV - 5 hours ago
- RT @MomRovin: @MilwaukeeArt My daughter @SenoritaRovin did just that at #MAMAfterDark! http://t.co/8eVxbt8YJe - 7 hours ago
- RT @jmlevine28: Here's another glimpse into the fantastic @MilwaukeeArt #VanGoghtoPollock exhibition! Thanks for the preview @CBS58 http://… - 7 hours ago
- #HBD, Frida Kahlo! Stop in and strike a pose with the original Queen of the selfie! #Repost… instagram.com/p/4zIruun9x8/ - 9 hours ago
Tag Archives: News
Welcome to another sweltering week in Milwaukee, with big things happening at the Museum. Have you seen the latest installation in the Summer of CHINA series? It’s called Contemporary Chinese Warriors and it’s by Chinese artist Yue Minjun. The 26 satirical … Continue reading
It’s another busy week at the Museum, with Gallery Talks, lectures, and the opening of a new exhibition. And don’t forget the Museum is open on Monday, July 4, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. On Tuesday, June 28, enjoy a Gallery … Continue reading
Welcome to the Summer of CHINA! This weekend marked the official opening of the Museum’s long-anticipated series of exhibitions celebrating 3,000 years of Chinese art and culture. If you haven’t seen it yet, make a point to stop in this … Continue reading
Happy Summer to everyone! With Memorial Day marking the unofficial start to summer, the Museum will have expanded hours, and offer free admission to active duty military and their families.
On Thursday, May 26, the Museum will host a discussion about the controversy surrounding the Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery’s exhibition Hide/Seek: Difference and Desire in American Portraiture at 7:30 p.m. in Lubar Auditorium. The discussion will focus on the removal … Continue reading