- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Bal du Lac is right around the corner. mam.org/calendar/event… http://t.co/2Sz8t1TXkq - 6 hours ago
- RT @NineSixTwo: I'm pretty sure I just spotted @mariabamfoo at the Milwaukee Art Museum - 7 hours ago
- RT @mariabamfoo: Milwaukee! You have a breastfeeding capsule in your airport! And an art museum shaped like a seagull w/ gorgeous Ebony fas… - 7 hours ago
- RT @SocialRugratMKE: ▹ @MilwaukeeArt Target First Free Thursday TOMORROW bit.ly/RaUM4K http://t.co/VjbsLW4xxT - 10 hours ago
- RT @BobbyOnMKEcom: Finally! @MilwaukeeArt Museum has decided to embrace the orange DiSuvero sculpture. http://t.co/HVT86a5fUP - 14 hours ago
Tag Archives: Milwaukee
For the last three years, a portion of my time has been devoted to digitizing a treasure trove of imagery found in the Milwaukee Art Museum’s Brooks Stevens Archive. Stevens, one of the best known industrial designers of the twentieth … Continue reading
Recently, I had the opportunity to open an interesting book in the Museum’s Library entitled Milwaukee’s Great Industries (1892). This 352-page tome features a history of Milwaukee, articles on its various industries, schools, churches, trades, a variety of advertisements, and … Continue reading
Milwaukee in the early 1900s was a wealthy city known for its manufacturing—including beer, leather, steam engines, and metal machinery. Milwaukee’s industrialists brought cutting-edge technology to their businesses, and a few brought cutting-edge design into their homes. For a new … Continue reading