- German Tankards and Steins: Part 8–Character Steins | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on German Tankards and Steins: Part 6–Mettlach and the Germany Identity
- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Find out how you can become an integral part of the Milwaukee Art Museum team! bit.ly/1FYZlWP #NationalVolunteerWeek - 6 hours ago
- Looking to impress Mom this Mother's Day? Try with brunch at Cafe Calatrava! mam.org/calendar/event… - 9 hours ago
- RT @GeraldHyler: We're having a great time! Thanks Northwestern Mutual! #mamafterdark http://t.co/AZThH72ffG - 12 hours ago
- RT @nateimigIT: Great turnout for #MAMafterdark. Awesome to see such a diverse crowd, too. Thanks Diverse & Risilient!! http://t.co/2unC9if… - 12 hours ago
- RT @cityofmilwaukee: Wings up @MilwaukeeArt Museum After Dark. http://t.co/JX5p0YkNyX - 22 hours ago
Tag Archives: Grete Marks
The papers are signed and I can say it: The Milwaukee Art Museum welcomed into its permanent collection a Tea Service designed by Margarete Heymann Löbenstein Marks. After we purchased the work at auction two months ago and the wire … Continue reading
The day of the auction may have dawned Wisconsin spring gray, but to me skies were blue, birds were chirping, and the Amtrak train to Chicago was led by seventy-six trombones. I had located an object perfect for the Museum … Continue reading
This past weekend, I was proud to present a paper at the American Ceramic Circle’s annual symposium on an exhibition topic I’m developing. I spoke about a German designer named Grete Marks who made radical and beautiful ceramics—designs that the … Continue reading