- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- RT @KatyLaneDesigns: My Kandinsky board pinterest.com/katylanedesign… inspired by my favorite exhibit from last summer @MilwaukeeArt! http://t.co… - 1 hour ago
- RT @TeJewels: Thanks for hosting @MilwaukeeArt @BeautyinBloom #MuseumWeek #poseMW we'll be back! http://t.co/LiqlbETBs7 - 1 hour ago
- RT @WIBUCKETLIST: It was cold, rainy, & windy outside today, but we found spring inside! @MilwaukeeArt http://t.co/yswL3Su9x5 - 11 hours ago
- RT @janetgourley: #poseMW @MilwaukeeArt '11 Summer of China artist Yue Minjun #MuseumWeek more info re: artist cnn.it/1G0g8Ze http:… - 17 hours ago
- RT @jisimnz: @MilwaukeeArt my folk art mask with a little MAM in it :) #MuseumWeek http://t.co/bTXdvuQqVJ - 20 hours ago
Tag Archives: German Art
Have you ever looked at a work of art for a half-hour straight? In college, one of my favorite art history professors required that we spend at least a half-hour sitting in front of the work of art we were … Continue reading
In 1988, the Milwaukee Art Museum purchased a painting by Carl Christian Vogel von Vogelstein, one of the most important German portraitists of the early 19th century. Up until that point, most of the paintings in the Museum’s German collection … Continue reading
Although the Milwaukee Art Museum has a fantastic collection of German art, one of the things I wish we had is a painting by Caspar David Friedrich (1774-1840). Friedrich is one of the most important German artists from the Romantic … Continue reading