- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- RT @janetgourley: #poseMW @MilwaukeeArt '11 Summer of China artist Yue Minjun #MuseumWeek more info re: artist cnn.it/1G0g8Ze http:… - 5 hours ago
- RT @jisimnz: @MilwaukeeArt my folk art mask with a little MAM in it :) #MuseumWeek http://t.co/bTXdvuQqVJ - 8 hours ago
- As part of #MuseumWeek, tweet us a photo of your experience (calling all selfies!) at Milwaukee Art Museum! #poseMW - 10 hours ago
- RT @janetgourley: Today @MilwaukeeArt mam.org/bloom #BeautyinBloom last day until next year! Photo by Jeanne Tripi http://… - 11 hours ago
- RT @janetgourley: My favorite part of @MilwaukeeArt? My colleagues. #museumeducation #museumed #FavMV #MuseumWeek http://t.co/29bxmBZrBE - 1 day ago
Tag Archives: From the Collection
I’m a Modernist. Give me George Nelson over the Herter Brothers any day. But all my normal predilections aside, I do love this sofa in the Museum’s collection. It is positively dripping with flowers and leaves and fruit, puffed up … Continue reading
–Or, I Can’t Believe I Ate (Almost) The Whole Thing! In the Museum’s American Collection galleries, in the Lower Level of the Kahler Building, you will find a sculptural bust of a very pretty young woman. Carved out of gorgeous … Continue reading
On December 14, 1894, Frederick Layton, the Milwaukee meat packer and philanthropist who founded the Layton Art Gallery (the predecessor of the Milwaukee Art Museum), wrote a letter to Julius Gugler of the Milwaukee Art Association. Layton requested the organization … Continue reading
White grapes? Check. Red grapes? Check. Peeled lemon? Yep. Champagne? Yep. More flowers than a bouquet offered by an apologetic husband the day after he forgets an anniversary? Got those, too. A bird’s nest with three tiny eggs? Wait a … Continue reading
Thanksgiving has come and gone and you know what that means – the “holiday” season is officially upon us! If you hadn’t already experienced red and green decorations and Christmas music vying for your attention in October before your pumpkin … Continue reading