- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- RT @WIBUCKETLIST: Wonderful day I spent with my daughter at "Fashion in Bloom" & "50 Years of Ebony Fashion Fair." Like Paris in the Spring… - 2 hours ago
- RT @WIBUCKETLIST: It was cold, rainy, & windy outside today, but we found spring inside! @MilwaukeeArt http://t.co/yswL3Su9x5 - 2 hours ago
- RT @janetgourley: #poseMW @MilwaukeeArt '11 Summer of China artist Yue Minjun #MuseumWeek more info re: artist cnn.it/1G0g8Ze http:… - 7 hours ago
- RT @jisimnz: @MilwaukeeArt my folk art mask with a little MAM in it :) #MuseumWeek http://t.co/bTXdvuQqVJ - 10 hours ago
- As part of #MuseumWeek, tweet us a photo of your experience (calling all selfies!) at Milwaukee Art Museum! #poseMW - 13 hours ago
Tag Archives: From the Collection
Summer traditionally ends with dog days. You know those hot, listless, airless spans in August that have people dreaming of thunderstorms and cold fronts. But why not begin summer with a thought about dogs? This is not hard for me, … Continue reading
Just as you walk into the Museum’s Gallery #3 (Northern Renaissance artworks), on your right is a display case that holds a marble sculpture. It’s an unobtrusive work labeled Head of a Noblewoman, French, 14th century. I’m sure many Museum … Continue reading
In 2006, when the Milwaukee Art Museum organized the exhibition Biedermeier: The Invention of Simplicity, it established itself as a center of study for the Beidermeier style that was popular in Central and Northern Europe from about 1815 to 1835. … Continue reading
It’s back! After being off view for nearly ten years, the Museum’s popular Possum Trot is back! And it’s kicking, spinning, and singing up a storm. Not to mention riding a bike. Possum Trot was one of the most famous, … Continue reading
Alas, the Milwaukee Art Museum does not own a Caravaggio painting. Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio (Italian, 1571-1610) was a revolutionary painter who combined theatrical compositions and lighting with realistic depictions of humans to make some of the most dramatic and memorable … Continue reading