- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- #MAMAfterDark is back again April 17, partnering with Diverse and Resilient for an epic night of entertainment! mam.org/afterdark/ - 12 hours ago
- #HBD Vincent van Gogh! Can’t wait to see Van Gogh's “La Maison de la Crau" this summer at Van Gogh to Pollock @MilwaukeeArt! - 15 hours ago
- RT @BobbyOnMKEcom: How @MilwaukeeArt curators figure out where everything will go in the new galleries: Tiny art! onmilwaukee.com/ent/articles/m… ht… - 22 hours ago
- Make your Easter Brunch reservations at Café Calatrava! mam.org/calendar/event… - 22 hours ago
- RT @KatyLaneDesigns: My Kandinsky board pinterest.com/katylanedesign… inspired by my favorite exhibit from last summer @MilwaukeeArt! http://t.co… - 1 day ago
Tag Archives: From Museum Storage
Thanksgiving has come and gone and you know what that means – the “holiday” season is officially upon us! If you hadn’t already experienced red and green decorations and Christmas music vying for your attention in October before your pumpkin … Continue reading
I’ve just learned that Hilda Jesser could design anything. Correction: I’ve just learned who Hilda Jesser was. To back up, I should explain that I often use this blog as an excuse to explore something in the Museum’s collection that … Continue reading
Late in 2010 I advocated that the Museum accept a Ray and Charles Eames DCW (“Dining Chair Wood”) into the Permanent Collection. No big surprise there, as this bent plywood chair is the iconic work of two of the most … Continue reading
This blog is about museum life “Under the Wings,” right? One of the most important and perhaps most buried “under the wings” duties of the curatorial department is the care of the art collection (housing, safe transport, conservation) including the … Continue reading
Do you think this rusty iron folding chair deserves a place in a world-class art museum alongside priceless paintings by Mark Rothko and Vassily Kandinsky? It looks like something you might find in a barn. Well, in fact, it did … Continue reading