- Adrienne Morris on From the Collection–On the Eve of Her Wedding by Antonio Mancini
- Christina Zawadiwsky on Happy Birthday, Frida Kahlo!
- Susan Eiden on From the Collection–Possum Trot
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Meissen Porcelain Manufactory, Two-Handled Urn
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Mythology at the Milwaukee Art Museum–Part 1
- RT @Hprail: Van Gogh to Pollock: Modern Rebels @MilwaukeeArt @visitmilwaukee @jackyrun my homage to Norman afterglowcreative.net http://t.… - 10 hours ago
- RT @Hprail: #creative #photography afterglowcreative.net at @MilwaukeeArt @visitmilwaukee travels with @jackyrun http://t.co/drEnB79P0Q - 10 hours ago
- RT @michaelmuth15: I definitely think I'm going to shed tears once the Modern Rebels exhibit at the @MilwaukeeArt closes because I love the… - 10 hours ago
- RT @themjsticvision: Great art inspires creativity! Getting my fill of inspiration today at the #modernrebels exhibit at @MilwaukeeArt http… - 10 hours ago
- Visitors of all ages love #VanGoghToPollock! See the exhibition for free this Thursday during Meijer… instagram.com/p/5-cwbUn95J/ - 15 hours ago
Tag Archives: European art
Believe it or not, this imposing sculpture is made out of a material that we usually associate with teacups and figurines for our end tables. That’s right–this two-and-a-half feet tall man is made out of porcelain! But it’s not just … Continue reading
Ready for some more laughs? In this post, we’ll be looking at more German steins meant to be amusing. The industrial revolution of the nineteenth century meant that more goods could be produced quickly and more people could afford those … Continue reading
Drinking games have long been a source of entertainment. One only has to look at the proliferation of puzzle jugs dating back to the sixteenth century to see this.
Over the past year, we’ve taken a look at some of the German drinking vessels in the Milwaukee Art Museum’s collection. The subjects have ranged from luxurious silver tankards to early stoneware vessels, and from high-quality Meissen porcelain to the … Continue reading
A number of artists featured in the special exhibition Of Heaven and Earth: 500 Years of Italian Painting from Glasgow Museums are also represented in the collection of the Milwaukee Art Museum. This is the fifth and final in a … Continue reading