- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- RT @BobbyOnMKEcom: Finally! @MilwaukeeArt Museum has decided to embrace the orange DiSuvero sculpture. http://t.co/HVT86a5fUP - 45 minutes ago
- RT @janetgourley: Join my #upaf Ride for the Arts @MilwaukeeArt team! bit.ly/1xgNn7k password “artride” $5 off if by 4/12! http… - 16 hours ago
- RT @mam_courses: Our live conversation with @BaylorStudio begins in 15 minutes! Join in the #hangoutwithart conversation: http://t.co/NuTZR… - 20 hours ago
- #Free admission and a #free movie premiere!? There is a lot to do on #Free First Thursday! facebook.com/events/6012275… - 20 hours ago
- #MAMAfterDark is back again April 17, partnering with Diverse and Resilient for an epic night of entertainment! mam.org/afterdark/ - 1 day ago
Tag Archives: Contemporary Art
Big things are happening in November at the Milwaukee Art Museum – from lectures and classes to after-hours soirees and artist visits. This is the place to be! Thursday, November 3: See the art for free on Target Free First … Continue reading
One of the seemingly mysterious practices associated with curating an exhibition is selecting artists and artworks. Once you have an idea for an exhibition, how do you know who and what to include? How do you know what artists are … Continue reading
So do I. Which is why I was excited to learn that an artist in the Museum’s permanent collection, iona rozeal brown, is collaborating on a project with America’s Next Top Model (ANTM) guest star Benny Ninja. Ninja is a master of “vogueing” … Continue reading
A new exhibition Art in the Streets is on view April 17 to August 8, 2011 at the Museum of Contemporary Art (Los Angeles). The exhibition is the first major U.S. museum survey of graffiti and street art and it features an … Continue reading
I love that the Milwaukee Art Museum doesn’t shy away from controversial contemporary artists. You might remember a work in the Museum’s Collection Galleries by Wafaa Bilal and Shawn Lawson that was temporarily installed in the Museum’s Impressionism Gallery in 2007: the Bar at the Folies Bergère … Continue reading