- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- RT @starlitup: @KateSierz @MilwaukeeArt my favorite building and architectural work of beauty in Wisconsin - 39 minutes ago
- RT @KateSierz: @MilwaukeeArt checked off the architectural bucket list. http://t.co/GrMtXAwYPo - 1 hour ago
- RT @MarriedInMKE: Iron Design (like Iron Chef but with flowers) going on now! #beautyinbloom @MilwaukeeArt http://t.co/xFRwZKYOwz - 1 hour ago
- RT @EbertsGreenhous: Our new gardening partner, Melinda Myers will be speaking at the Milwaukee Art Museum's "Beauty in Bloom" event... htt… - 3 hours ago
- RT @emma_wallo: @MilwaukeeArt There are so many inspiring pieces, it's hard to choose! #MuseumWeek #InspirationMW http://t.co/wFEoCPcqEa - 6 hours ago
Tag Archives: Collection
Do you think this rusty iron folding chair deserves a place in a world-class art museum alongside priceless paintings by Mark Rothko and Vassily Kandinsky? It looks like something you might find in a barn. Well, in fact, it did … Continue reading
This chair is one of my favorite designs of the 20th century. Period. So sleek, yet soft! So comfortable, yet efficient! When contemplating a move to Milwaukee to accept my current position, I made a short list of things I … Continue reading
The Museum often uses The Newsboy as a poster child for our spectacular Michael and Julie Hall Collection of American Folk Art. The education department includes it on our Family Audio Tour, and the energetic boy has a place of … Continue reading
In the American Collections of the Milwaukee Art Museum is an example of the long-standing artistic tradition, the still life painting. Apple and Two Pears on a Pewter Plate (1861) by Rubens Peale, speaks both to the history of the … Continue reading