- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- RT @starlitup: @KateSierz @MilwaukeeArt my favorite building and architectural work of beauty in Wisconsin - 4 hours ago
- RT @KateSierz: @MilwaukeeArt checked off the architectural bucket list. http://t.co/GrMtXAwYPo - 4 hours ago
- RT @MarriedInMKE: Iron Design (like Iron Chef but with flowers) going on now! #beautyinbloom @MilwaukeeArt http://t.co/xFRwZKYOwz - 4 hours ago
- RT @EbertsGreenhous: Our new gardening partner, Melinda Myers will be speaking at the Milwaukee Art Museum's "Beauty in Bloom" event... htt… - 7 hours ago
- RT @emma_wallo: @MilwaukeeArt There are so many inspiring pieces, it's hard to choose! #MuseumWeek #InspirationMW http://t.co/wFEoCPcqEa - 9 hours ago
Tag Archives: Behind the Scenes
It’s no secret around the Museum that I’m a huge tech nerd. One of my favorite things is finding out what apps, websites, and programs people use to get their jobs done. I’ll admit it, I’m a little bit nosy … Continue reading
Each day, hundreds of visitors enter the Milwaukee Art Museum to stare in awe at the incredible wealth of artworks within the museum’s collection. But what can too often go unrecognized is the equally awe-inspiring work of the many museum staff … Continue reading
We are just a week from opening the new exhibition in the Kohl’s Art Generation Gallery, Illusions: Near and Far! Have you ever wondered how an artist makes a work of art seem “real”? We tell all the tricks of … Continue reading
Recently brought out of the vault for display in Gallery #5 is a portrait of Margaret, Lady Tufton (1636-1687). A beauty of the English court, she was the granddaughter of Edward, 1st Baron Wotton, a diplomat and court official for … Continue reading
The exhibition Face Jugs: Art and Ritual in 19th Century South Carolina, on view this past summer at the Milwaukee Art Museum (and currently on tour through South Carolina, Alabama and Georgia), provided us at Chipstone with a rare hands-on … Continue reading