- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- RT @janetgourley: My favorite part of @MilwaukeeArt? My colleagues. #museumeducation #museumed #FavMV #MuseumWeek http://t.co/29bxmBZrBE - 6 hours ago
- What was your favorite floral arrangement from #BeautyinBloom? Tweet a photo @milwaukeeart #MuseumWeek #favMW - 7 hours ago
- RT @Wokorino: @MilwaukeeArt The building itself! The lakeview, the Reginald @BaylorStudio , the "Bluffs","Nancy"...ok, everything! - 10 hours ago
- RT @werunmke: #beautyinbloom at the @MilwaukeeArt Museum #mke #milwaukee #art #fashion #flowers #werunmke #runmke http://t.co/rPuZzIsY3H - 10 hours ago
- RT @mfusion: @MilwaukeeArt "Portrait of Saint Francis" And the Pomodoro piece - 10 hours ago
Tag Archives: auction
The papers are signed and I can say it: The Milwaukee Art Museum welcomed into its permanent collection a Tea Service designed by Margarete Heymann Löbenstein Marks. After we purchased the work at auction two months ago and the wire … Continue reading
The day of the auction may have dawned Wisconsin spring gray, but to me skies were blue, birds were chirping, and the Amtrak train to Chicago was led by seventy-six trombones. I had located an object perfect for the Museum … Continue reading
With my pre-approval in line and my auction catalog in hand, the next step in buying art at auction was to travel to Chicago for personal inspection. About a week before a sale, lots become available for prospective buyers (and … Continue reading
As a graduate student dreaming of a future museum career, my idea of a curator’s job was glamorous. I imagined working on the layout of exhibitions, attending opening cocktail parties, taking trips to museums, accessing art treasures in storage, and … Continue reading