- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- The Kohl's Art Generation Studio offers up #free #FamilyFun all weekend long, 10-4. - 2 hours ago
- #InspiringBeauty isn't the only fashion frenzy in the news wired.com/2015/02/scienc… - 21 hours ago
- RT @TheFringeUWM: Have you seen the Ebony Fashion Fair at the @MilwaukeeArt Museum yet? uwmpost.com/fringe/celebra… - 23 hours ago
- Share your own #EbonyFashionFair experiences mam.org/inspiring-beau… - 23 hours ago
- RT @SocialRugratMKE: Story Time in the Galleries TOMORROW @MilwaukeeArt bit.ly/1vyqsAT http://t.co/MmveJXZcrV - 1 day ago
Tag Archives: Ancient Art
In my August post for the Museum’s blog, Mythology at the Milwaukee Art Museum-Part 1, I focused on some great examples of Classical mythological figures in the Museum’s Collection—hopefully with the result that you will be able to identify those … Continue reading
On December 14, 1894, Frederick Layton, the Milwaukee meat packer and philanthropist who founded the Layton Art Gallery (the predecessor of the Milwaukee Art Museum), wrote a letter to Julius Gugler of the Milwaukee Art Association. Layton requested the organization … Continue reading
The Museum Collection contains endless stories. Our paintings hold narratives of mythological legends; decorative art objects tell us of life way-back-when; contemporary art puts our finger on the pulse of what is going on now. But have you ever traced … Continue reading