- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Want to know what is happening behind the scenes inside #InspiringBeauty? facebook.com/milwaukeeart instagram.com/milwaukeeart/ - 17 hours ago
- RT @lacicoppins: Yep! It's coming Inspiring Beauty: 50 Years of Ebony Fashion Fair to @MilwaukeeArt #BlackIsBeautiful http://t.co/jsI4ScwM… - 1 day ago
- RT @MollyCanan: The first 2015 installment of Yoga @ the Museum is tomorrow at 8:15am! Start your Saturday off right @MilwaukeeArt! http://… - 1 day ago
- Tomorrow! omtownyogis.org/page/yoga-the-… - 1 day ago
- Opening in just 2 weeks! #InspiringBeauty mam.org/inspiring-beau… @MilwaukeeArt - 2 days ago
Tag Archives: American Quilts
My grandmother made about a dozen quilts in her lifetime and having them around so much as a kid, I sort of took them for granted. Before I worked at the Museum as an intern, I visited the Milwaukee Art … Continue reading
Between each exhibition in the Museum’s Baker/Rowland Galleries, the walls are entirely rearranged. This past weekend, I watched (bringing donuts, getting in the way, occasionally being helpful) as the installation crew moved walls and started spackling and painting in preparation for … Continue reading
This month’s book salon found me revisiting a book I first read in college: How to Make an American Quilt by Whitney Otto. Well, we all know that just as we can never step into the same river, we can … Continue reading
The thing I find particularly thrilling about the American Quilts Exhibition Store is that because quilts are such a living medium, a part of everyday lives, they often inspire very personal dialogues as visitors pass into the exhibition store. Every … Continue reading