- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- #CafeCalatrava Chef Micah shared a great spring recipe on @WISN12News today. What wine pairs well with rabbit? m.wisn.com/news/making-me… - 9 hours ago
- Take a break and enjoy the film "Mahogany" today at 2 p.m. #free with @MilwaukeeArt admission mam.org/calendar/event… - 12 hours ago
- Getting married soon? Say hi to the @MilwaukeeArt team at tomorrow's Magnificent Bride event at the @PfisterHotel. milwaukeesmagnificentbride.com/info.html - 1 day ago
- RT @M3ghatr0n: @tmj4 speaking with @lacicoppins about #FashionMatters @MilwaukeeArt today. Check it out tonight at 6 and 10. http://t.co/tT… - 1 day ago
- Stop in and shop today at the Used Book Sale mam.org/calendar/event… - 1 day ago
Tag Archives: American Quilts
My grandmother made about a dozen quilts in her lifetime and having them around so much as a kid, I sort of took them for granted. Before I worked at the Museum as an intern, I visited the Milwaukee Art … Continue reading
Between each exhibition in the Museum’s Baker/Rowland Galleries, the walls are entirely rearranged. This past weekend, I watched (bringing donuts, getting in the way, occasionally being helpful) as the installation crew moved walls and started spackling and painting in preparation for … Continue reading
This month’s book salon found me revisiting a book I first read in college: How to Make an American Quilt by Whitney Otto. Well, we all know that just as we can never step into the same river, we can … Continue reading
The thing I find particularly thrilling about the American Quilts Exhibition Store is that because quilts are such a living medium, a part of everyday lives, they often inspire very personal dialogues as visitors pass into the exhibition store. Every … Continue reading