- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Tag Archives: American Art
The year 2012 is considered the 50th anniversary of the American Studio Glass movement. The anniversary is being celebrated with exhibitions and events across the country, organized in large part by the Art Alliance for Contemporary Glass. The Milwaukee Art … Continue reading
It’s back! After being off view for nearly ten years, the Museum’s popular Possum Trot is back! And it’s kicking, spinning, and singing up a storm. Not to mention riding a bike. Possum Trot was one of the most famous, … Continue reading
I’m a Modernist. Give me George Nelson over the Herter Brothers any day. But all my normal predilections aside, I do love this sofa in the Museum’s collection. It is positively dripping with flowers and leaves and fruit, puffed up … Continue reading
–Or, I Can’t Believe I Ate (Almost) The Whole Thing! In the Museum’s American Collection galleries, in the Lower Level of the Kahler Building, you will find a sculptural bust of a very pretty young woman. Carved out of gorgeous … Continue reading
White grapes? Check. Red grapes? Check. Peeled lemon? Yep. Champagne? Yep. More flowers than a bouquet offered by an apologetic husband the day after he forgets an anniversary? Got those, too. A bird’s nest with three tiny eggs? Wait a … Continue reading