- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- RT @janetgourley: #poseMW @MilwaukeeArt '11 Summer of China artist Yue Minjun #MuseumWeek more info re: artist cnn.it/1G0g8Ze http:… - 1 minute ago
- RT @jisimnz: @MilwaukeeArt my folk art mask with a little MAM in it :) #MuseumWeek http://t.co/bTXdvuQqVJ - 2 hours ago
- As part of #MuseumWeek, tweet us a photo of your experience (calling all selfies!) at Milwaukee Art Museum! #poseMW - 5 hours ago
- RT @janetgourley: Today @MilwaukeeArt mam.org/bloom #BeautyinBloom last day until next year! Photo by Jeanne Tripi http://… - 6 hours ago
- RT @janetgourley: My favorite part of @MilwaukeeArt? My colleagues. #museumeducation #museumed #FavMV #MuseumWeek http://t.co/29bxmBZrBE - 21 hours ago
Category Archives: Library/Archives
Each day, hundreds of visitors enter the Milwaukee Art Museum to stare in awe at the incredible wealth of artworks within the museum’s collection. But what can too often go unrecognized is the equally awe-inspiring work of the many museum staff … Continue reading
One of my favorite film gems in the Museum’s audio-visual archive is rare film footage of the institution’s changing location and architecture. This film–soundless, in black and white, circa 1957–features the Layton Art Gallery, the Milwaukee Art Institute, and the … Continue reading
The museum’s archives contain a small but delightful collection of film and videotapes, detailing all sorts of subjects–from small films produced by the museum for various projects and exhibitions over the course of its history, to an odd yet enchanting … Continue reading
We owe it to the awakening interest in art matters and the democratic spirit of the society, which is attempting to make the gallery a valuable asset to every citizen and to inculcate an appreciation of its offerings. –Samuel O. … Continue reading