- Christina Zawadiwsky on Jules Bastien-Lepage and the Newlyn School
- karliwurzelbacher on Mr. Layton’s Gallery–The Salon-Style Hang
- Karen Thaker on School Programs: Young Minds Create!
- Found: Local Milwaukee Artist - CURIO LOVE on Milwaukee Studio Visit: Beth Eaton Pottery
- What is the Difference Between Ceramic and Pottery?Handmade Pottery with Soulful Ceramics on German Tankards and Steins: Part 2–Stoneware Vessels
- Happy Birthday to Mark di Suvero! Which work in the @MilwaukeeArt collection is his? - 16 hours ago
- Good luck to our friends @PfisterHotel and @IronHorseHotel in #BrandMadnessMBJ bizjournals.com/milwaukee/blog… - 17 hours ago
- Happening tonight! mam.org/calendar/event… @UWM - 19 hours ago
- Two @MilwaukeeArt sponsors - @Palermos_Pizza and Kohl's have advanced in #BrandMadnessMBJ. @MKEBizJournal ow.ly/BDOYi - 21 hours ago
- RT @JoelBerkowitz: Tonight, my fab @UWM colleague Lisa Silverman's lecture @MilwaukeeArt: on.fb.me/1uK36XA @JewishMilwaukee @UWMilwLe… - 22 hours ago
Category Archives: Behind the Scenes
Visiting the Bay View studio of Beth Eaton Pottery, I had the enviable sense of the elements of work and family, business and creativity in harmonious balance. Beth Eaton’s work is featured in the Uncommon Folk: Traditions in American Art … Continue reading
Tired of winter yet? Wait, it’s February in Wisconsin–that’s probably a silly question. Even if you’ve had enough, the Milwaukee Art Museum’s current display of works on paper from the Collection, Winter in Color, might make you take another look … Continue reading
At the entrance to the permanent collection galleries at the Milwaukee Art Museum, you’ll find something new as of December 2013: what we affectionately call in-house our “Prototyping Pedestal.” So what exactly is it?
Picture this: Fall semester, high school years. You eagerly await your first art assignment, hoping to be given the added bonus of self-expression. A few weeks pass and you hand in your artwork, hoping it might be considered by your … Continue reading
Until February 9, the mezzanine will display works on paper that celebrate the natural world. You will not only have the opportunity to see a selection of our fantastic Rembrandt etchings and landscapes by other Dutch artists, but you’ll also … Continue reading