- Adrienne Morris on From the Collection–On the Eve of Her Wedding by Antonio Mancini
- Christina Zawadiwsky on Happy Birthday, Frida Kahlo!
- Susan Eiden on From the Collection–Possum Trot
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Meissen Porcelain Manufactory, Two-Handled Urn
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Mythology at the Milwaukee Art Museum–Part 1
- Thanks to our sponsor @meijer visitors receive FREE admission to the Museum this Thursday! #MFFT bit.ly/1E4PZn0 - 3 hours ago
- RT @EastTown: Tour d’Art: Bikes then Beers Sunday, August 30, 1–5 p.m. Downtown & Milwaukee Art Museum - rgn.bz/cgJA http://t.c… - 8 hours ago
- Looking to beat the heat with your kiddos? Stop in at the Kohl's Art Generation Studio and make free art projects! bit.ly/1OKB06r - 10 hours ago
- Take a break on the lakefront this afternoon and enjoy Alexander Liberman's Argo. @ Milwaukee Art Museum instagram.com/p/57Q0I3n9xj/ - 12 hours ago
- RT @KringleViking: #VanGoghToPollock "@McCawBudsberg: Best corner in "Modern Rebels" @MilwaukeeArt ...Lee Bontecou and Francis Bacon. http… - 12 hours ago
Author Archives: Catherine Sawinski
Drinking games have long been a source of entertainment. One only has to look at the proliferation of puzzle jugs dating back to the sixteenth century to see this.
Last time, we looked at the historical context for artwork in late nineteenth century Germany. In 1871, Germany officially became a unified country. This time, we’ll look at the cultural ramifications of the unification and how it impacted art. Although German-speaking … Continue reading
Over the past year, we’ve taken a look at some of the German drinking vessels in the Milwaukee Art Museum’s collection. The subjects have ranged from luxurious silver tankards to early stoneware vessels, and from high-quality Meissen porcelain to the … Continue reading
A number of artists featured in the special exhibition Of Heaven and Earth: 500 Years of Italian Painting from Glasgow Museums are also represented in the collection of the Milwaukee Art Museum. This is the fifth and final in a … Continue reading
A number of artists featured in the special exhibition Of Heaven and Earth: 500 Years of Italian Painting from Glasgow Museums are represented in the collection of the Milwaukee Art Museum. This is the fourth in a series of blog … Continue reading