- Christina Zawadiwsky on Happy Birthday, Frida Kahlo!
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Meissen Porcelain Manufactory, Two-Handled Urn
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Mythology at the Milwaukee Art Museum–Part 1
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Ancient Greek Vases
- Questions of Provenance—Nazi-era Germany | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on A Time When Modern Was “Degenerate”
- #HBD to artist Marc Chagall! See his work in #VanGoghToPollock on view now. - 1 hour ago
- RT @OzaukeeMagazine: Find out why Frida Kahlo was the original selfie artist... by Ed Makowski ozaukeemag.com/frida-kahlo-th… #VanGoghtoPollock htt… - 2 hours ago
- Take in a movie at the Museum this Thursday night: bit.ly/1J15jCO http://t.co/BCEEwVGGXi - 15 hours ago
- Frida Kahlo's birthday celebration continues on the blog! Six facts you may not have known about the popular artist. bit.ly/1HaNcvV - 20 hours ago
- RT @MomRovin: @MilwaukeeArt My daughter @SenoritaRovin did just that at #MAMAfterDark! http://t.co/8eVxbt8YJe - 22 hours ago
Author Archives: Catherine Sawinski
Drinking games have long been a source of entertainment. One only has to look at the proliferation of puzzle jugs dating back to the sixteenth century to see this.
Last time, we looked at the historical context for artwork in late nineteenth century Germany. In 1871, Germany officially became a unified country. This time, we’ll look at the cultural ramifications of the unification and how it impacted art. Although German-speaking … Continue reading
Over the past year, we’ve taken a look at some of the German drinking vessels in the Milwaukee Art Museum’s collection. The subjects have ranged from luxurious silver tankards to early stoneware vessels, and from high-quality Meissen porcelain to the … Continue reading
A number of artists featured in the special exhibition Of Heaven and Earth: 500 Years of Italian Painting from Glasgow Museums are also represented in the collection of the Milwaukee Art Museum. This is the fifth and final in a … Continue reading
A number of artists featured in the special exhibition Of Heaven and Earth: 500 Years of Italian Painting from Glasgow Museums are represented in the collection of the Milwaukee Art Museum. This is the fourth in a series of blog … Continue reading