- Janet Larscheid on Intern Reflections
- Link Roundup: Slow looking | Intersections on On Tim Gunn and Gallery Teaching
- Absurd Creature of the Week: The Curious Case of the Elusive, Slimy Nautilus | Breaking News Pakistan on From the Collection–Nautilus Cup
- Milwaukee Art Museum- Quadracci Pavilion | ID 161 on Refreshed Look for the American Paintings Galleries
- Milwaukee Art Museum- Quadracci Pavilion | ID 161 on The “Write” Stuff
- Find out how you can see four films by artist Ryan Trecartin this weekend at MAM: bit.ly/1P97z1D - 4 hours ago
- We had a BLAST today at Play Date with Art! Join us next month: bit.ly/1jfwg0m http://t.co/hoj55OZORQ - 6 hours ago
- RT @MKEBizJournal: Vote:What is your favorite Milw-area museum? @MilwaukeeArt @MKEPublicMuseum @BBCMMilwaukee @discoveryworld @hdmuseum htt… - 1 day ago
- Here is your first glimpse of the fresh views in the reimagined Milwaukee Art Museum. Breathtaking… instagram.com/p/8lLrjIn9xM/ - 1 day ago
- Robert Gober's 1997 work, Untitled, being installed in the Museum's contemporary galleries. The… instagram.com/p/8i-r2xn92G/ - 2 days ago
Author Archives: Chelsea Emelie Kelly
In part two of my three posts on this year’s Satellite teen program, I’m sharing the unexpected data that helped me see the bigger picture about my students’ ability to reflect thanks to being in the program.
Over the past four years, I have worked with hundreds of Milwaukee-area teens who love art, and who, over their time in teen programs at the Milwaukee Art Museum, grow to love museums as well. I have always had a … Continue reading
Teen programs provide a very different kind of opportunity for museums to experiment with interpretation. Because many teens participate in multiple programs for extended lengths of time, they become advocates and resources for our museums and collections. Here at the … Continue reading
How do art museums engage teenagers? We offer a number of internships at the Milwaukee Art Museum for teens, but for most students, their first (and sometimes only) exposure to the Museum is through a school field trip. In collaboration … Continue reading
At the entrance to the permanent collection galleries at the Milwaukee Art Museum, you’ll find something new as of December 2013: what we affectionately call in-house our “Prototyping Pedestal.” So what exactly is it?