- Milwaukee Art Museum- Quadracci Pavilion | ID 161 on Refreshed Look for the American Paintings Galleries
- Milwaukee Art Museum- Quadracci Pavilion | ID 161 on The “Write” Stuff
- Christine Tanner on From the Collection–Chaïm Soutine’s Children and Geese
- Jhgf on From the Collection – Tiffany gold Tea Service
- Douglas C. James on From the Collection–Byrdcliffe Colony Chest
- Loved #VanGoghToPollock? Bring a piece of rebellion home from the exhibition store! bit.ly/1NzPWYW http://t.co/jSIFHpqmRj - 32 minutes ago
- #Repost of ill.koncept's amazing drone photo of the Calatrava-designed Quadracci Pavilion! @… instagram.com/p/65FG75n99f/ - 3 hours ago
- RT @sandymaxx: This could be a fun way to spend Sunday afternoon in Milwaukee. facebook.com/events/1036861… #art #beer @milwaukeeart - 5 hours ago
- If museum objects could talk, what would they say? Francesco Clemente's 1983 work, Untitled, meets… instagram.com/p/63CvQ7H95J/ - 22 hours ago
- RT @AlbrightKnox: It's #NationalDogDay! Balla's "Dynamism of a Dog on a Leash," 1912, on view @MilwaukeeArt. [Collection @AlbrightKnox] htt… - 1 day ago
Author Archives: Chelsea Emelie Kelly
In part two of my three posts on this year’s Satellite teen program, I’m sharing the unexpected data that helped me see the bigger picture about my students’ ability to reflect thanks to being in the program.
Over the past four years, I have worked with hundreds of Milwaukee-area teens who love art, and who, over their time in teen programs at the Milwaukee Art Museum, grow to love museums as well. I have always had a … Continue reading
Teen programs provide a very different kind of opportunity for museums to experiment with interpretation. Because many teens participate in multiple programs for extended lengths of time, they become advocates and resources for our museums and collections. Here at the … Continue reading
How do art museums engage teenagers? We offer a number of internships at the Milwaukee Art Museum for teens, but for most students, their first (and sometimes only) exposure to the Museum is through a school field trip. In collaboration … Continue reading
At the entrance to the permanent collection galleries at the Milwaukee Art Museum, you’ll find something new as of December 2013: what we affectionately call in-house our “Prototyping Pedestal.” So what exactly is it?