- From the Collection—Albrecht Dürer, Part 2 | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection—Albrecht Dürer, Part 1
- Matthijs on From the Collection–Duyckinck’s Jacomina Winkler (and her crabby dog!)
- Kathleen Arenz on Questions of Provenance—Doubting Thomas by Adriaen van der Werff, Part 2
- John Lawrence on From the Collection–Léon Augustin Lhermitte’s “Haymaking Time”
- John Fleck on From the Collection–Wilhelm Trübner’s “Salome”
- Need last minute Valentine's Day plans? Come to the Museum for a night of artful dining! ow.ly/XWTyQ https://t.co/bC2vugauEE - 1 hour ago
- Are you taking advantage of FREE admission today? There is still time, we are open until 8! ow.ly/Y08ui https://t.co/5vVuKOmE0W - 3 hours ago
- Come see the #uncrated Galleries for yourself tomorrow during @Meijer Free First Friday! ow.ly/XXrVm https://t.co/hRtMSb30TO - 23 hours ago
- RT @brewer1fan: Ok @MilwaukeeArt I think you've helped me decide what my garden will be filled with in spring. #poppies https://t.co/c2wTwP… - 1 day ago
- Why is there a monkey sitting with the Madonna and child? Find out on the Museum blog! ow.ly/XzesK https://t.co/cYyqZ2vAzE - 1 day ago
Author Archives: Chelsea Emelie Kelly
In part two of my three posts on this year’s Satellite teen program, I’m sharing the unexpected data that helped me see the bigger picture about my students’ ability to reflect thanks to being in the program.
Over the past four years, I have worked with hundreds of Milwaukee-area teens who love art, and who, over their time in teen programs at the Milwaukee Art Museum, grow to love museums as well. I have always had a … Continue reading
Teen programs provide a very different kind of opportunity for museums to experiment with interpretation. Because many teens participate in multiple programs for extended lengths of time, they become advocates and resources for our museums and collections. Here at the … Continue reading
How do art museums engage teenagers? We offer a number of internships at the Milwaukee Art Museum for teens, but for most students, their first (and sometimes only) exposure to the Museum is through a school field trip. In collaboration … Continue reading
At the entrance to the permanent collection galleries at the Milwaukee Art Museum, you’ll find something new as of December 2013: what we affectionately call in-house our “Prototyping Pedestal.” So what exactly is it?