- Christina Zawadiwsky on Happy Birthday, Frida Kahlo!
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Meissen Porcelain Manufactory, Two-Handled Urn
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Mythology at the Milwaukee Art Museum–Part 1
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Ancient Greek Vases
- Questions of Provenance—Nazi-era Germany | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on A Time When Modern Was “Degenerate”
- Take in a movie at the Museum this Thursday night: bit.ly/1J15jCO http://t.co/BCEEwVGGXi - 25 minutes ago
- Frida Kahlo's birthday celebration continues on the blog! Six facts you may not have known about the popular artist. bit.ly/1HaNcvV - 5 hours ago
- RT @MomRovin: @MilwaukeeArt My daughter @SenoritaRovin did just that at #MAMAfterDark! http://t.co/8eVxbt8YJe - 7 hours ago
- RT @jmlevine28: Here's another glimpse into the fantastic @MilwaukeeArt #VanGoghtoPollock exhibition! Thanks for the preview @CBS58 http://… - 7 hours ago
- #HBD, Frida Kahlo! Stop in and strike a pose with the original Queen of the selfie! #Repost… instagram.com/p/4zIruun9x8/ - 9 hours ago
Author Archives: Chelsea Emelie Kelly
In part two of my three posts on this year’s Satellite teen program, I’m sharing the unexpected data that helped me see the bigger picture about my students’ ability to reflect thanks to being in the program.
Over the past four years, I have worked with hundreds of Milwaukee-area teens who love art, and who, over their time in teen programs at the Milwaukee Art Museum, grow to love museums as well. I have always had a … Continue reading
Teen programs provide a very different kind of opportunity for museums to experiment with interpretation. Because many teens participate in multiple programs for extended lengths of time, they become advocates and resources for our museums and collections. Here at the … Continue reading
How do art museums engage teenagers? We offer a number of internships at the Milwaukee Art Museum for teens, but for most students, their first (and sometimes only) exposure to the Museum is through a school field trip. In collaboration … Continue reading
At the entrance to the permanent collection galleries at the Milwaukee Art Museum, you’ll find something new as of December 2013: what we affectionately call in-house our “Prototyping Pedestal.” So what exactly is it?