- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- RT @WIBUCKETLIST: Wonderful day I spent with my daughter at "Fashion in Bloom" & "50 Years of Ebony Fashion Fair." Like Paris in the Spring… - 2 hours ago
- RT @WIBUCKETLIST: It was cold, rainy, & windy outside today, but we found spring inside! @MilwaukeeArt http://t.co/yswL3Su9x5 - 2 hours ago
- RT @janetgourley: #poseMW @MilwaukeeArt '11 Summer of China artist Yue Minjun #MuseumWeek more info re: artist cnn.it/1G0g8Ze http:… - 7 hours ago
- RT @jisimnz: @MilwaukeeArt my folk art mask with a little MAM in it :) #MuseumWeek http://t.co/bTXdvuQqVJ - 10 hours ago
- As part of #MuseumWeek, tweet us a photo of your experience (calling all selfies!) at Milwaukee Art Museum! #poseMW - 13 hours ago
Author Archives: Chelsea Emelie Kelly
Over the past four years, I have worked with hundreds of Milwaukee-area teens who love art, and who, over their time in teen programs at the Milwaukee Art Museum, grow to love museums as well. I have always had a … Continue reading
Teen programs provide a very different kind of opportunity for museums to experiment with interpretation. Because many teens participate in multiple programs for extended lengths of time, they become advocates and resources for our museums and collections. Here at the … Continue reading
How do art museums engage teenagers? We offer a number of internships at the Milwaukee Art Museum for teens, but for most students, their first (and sometimes only) exposure to the Museum is through a school field trip. In collaboration … Continue reading
At the entrance to the permanent collection galleries at the Milwaukee Art Museum, you’ll find something new as of December 2013: what we affectionately call in-house our “Prototyping Pedestal.” So what exactly is it?
This past summer, we hosted 30 Americans, featuring works of art by contemporary African-American artists. The exhibition was, by the numbers, a huge success: we had an attendance goal of 85,140 and our actual attendance was 114,389! But impact goes … Continue reading