- German Tankards and Steins: Part 8–Character Steins | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on German Tankards and Steins: Part 6–Mettlach and the Germany Identity
- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- From the Collection–Christopher Dresser, Pitcher and Claret Jug
- From the Collection–Meissen Porcelain Manufactory, Two-Handled Urn
- From the Collection–G. H. van Hengel, Jr., Chandelier
- From the Collection–Meissen Porcelain Manufactory, Augustus III, King of Poland
- From the Collection–George Vicat Cole, At Arundel, Sussex
- It is officially wedding season! instagram.com/p/3CSCiPH92L/ - 22 hours ago
- RT @MAM_Chelsea: Teens @MilwaukeeArt made music inspired by Michelle Erickson piece @chipstone_org! Videos: youtu.be/8PHjYRI_A5w + https… - 1 day ago
- Bring the kids to Kohl's Art Generation Studio this weekend. Kids 12 & under are #free! bit.ly/1blrhHn - 1 day ago
- May is Member Month! @MilwaukeeArt Members get free admission to seven Milwaukee-area museums all month long! bit.ly/1d4J2v6 - 2 days ago
- RT @DiggyMart: @MilwaukeeArt for annual members meeting. Exciting changes. Proud to be a supporter! - 2 days ago
Author Archives: Chelsea Emelie Kelly
Over the past four years, I have worked with hundreds of Milwaukee-area teens who love art, and who, over their time in teen programs at the Milwaukee Art Museum, grow to love museums as well. I have always had a … Continue reading
Teen programs provide a very different kind of opportunity for museums to experiment with interpretation. Because many teens participate in multiple programs for extended lengths of time, they become advocates and resources for our museums and collections. Here at the … Continue reading
How do art museums engage teenagers? We offer a number of internships at the Milwaukee Art Museum for teens, but for most students, their first (and sometimes only) exposure to the Museum is through a school field trip. In collaboration … Continue reading
At the entrance to the permanent collection galleries at the Milwaukee Art Museum, you’ll find something new as of December 2013: what we affectionately call in-house our “Prototyping Pedestal.” So what exactly is it?
This past summer, we hosted 30 Americans, featuring works of art by contemporary African-American artists. The exhibition was, by the numbers, a huge success: we had an attendance goal of 85,140 and our actual attendance was 114,389! But impact goes … Continue reading