- Juan Pablo Ruiz on Slow Art–Bouguereau’s Homer and His Guide
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2 | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Teens Discuss Postcards from America
- James Hucke on Lewandowski’s Mosaic Mural at the Milwaukee County War Memorial Center
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections & Cultural Institutions | Art Museum Teaching on Teens Discuss Postcards from America
- Gerald Braden on From Museum Storage–Elihu Vedder’s “Star of Bethlehem”
- Fantastic video of #OfHeavenandEarth, on view through January 4. facebook.com/milwaukeeart - 23 hours ago
- RT @GooseMD2789: Definitely need to go to the @MilwaukeeArt museum for the 500yrs of Italian art exhibition...so beautiful & absolutely bre… - 1 day ago
- RT @carlyrayenusser: Friday fabulous @MilwaukeeArt #mamafterdark w/ @Jenners379 & @jillyannjiggs http://t.co/UZiCnakPf6 - 1 day ago
- RT @Purple_Hayzing: #MAMAfterDark @MilwaukeeArt yeahh!!! SO MUCH FUN!! http://t.co/pukkRPXfHA - 1 day ago
- RT @CobaltGlassMke: Buying local @MilwaukeeArt #mamafterdark #koppknits #milwaukeeapothecary #hometownageneralstore - 1 day ago
Author Archives: Chelsea Emelie Kelly
In part two of my three posts on this year’s Satellite teen program, I’m sharing the unexpected data that helped me see the bigger picture about my students’ ability to reflect thanks to being in the program.
Over the past four years, I have worked with hundreds of Milwaukee-area teens who love art, and who, over their time in teen programs at the Milwaukee Art Museum, grow to love museums as well. I have always had a … Continue reading
Teen programs provide a very different kind of opportunity for museums to experiment with interpretation. Because many teens participate in multiple programs for extended lengths of time, they become advocates and resources for our museums and collections. Here at the … Continue reading
How do art museums engage teenagers? We offer a number of internships at the Milwaukee Art Museum for teens, but for most students, their first (and sometimes only) exposure to the Museum is through a school field trip. In collaboration … Continue reading
At the entrance to the permanent collection galleries at the Milwaukee Art Museum, you’ll find something new as of December 2013: what we affectionately call in-house our “Prototyping Pedestal.” So what exactly is it?