- Christina Zawadiwsky on Jules Bastien-Lepage and the Newlyn School
- karliwurzelbacher on Mr. Layton’s Gallery–The Salon-Style Hang
- Karen Thaker on School Programs: Young Minds Create!
- Found: Local Milwaukee Artist - CURIO LOVE on Milwaukee Studio Visit: Beth Eaton Pottery
- What is the Difference Between Ceramic and Pottery?Handmade Pottery with Soulful Ceramics on German Tankards and Steins: Part 2–Stoneware Vessels
- RT @SocialRugratMKE: ☆ @MilwaukeeArt Kohl’s Art Generation Open Studio TOMORROW bit.ly/1lC8l9Q http://t.co/AD2fe34o0o - 11 hours ago
- Happy Birthday to Mark di Suvero! Which work in the @MilwaukeeArt collection is his? - 1 day ago
- Good luck to our friends @PfisterHotel and @IronHorseHotel in #BrandMadnessMBJ bizjournals.com/milwaukee/blog… - 1 day ago
- Happening tonight! mam.org/calendar/event… @UWM - 1 day ago
- Two @MilwaukeeArt sponsors - @Palermos_Pizza and Kohl's have advanced in #BrandMadnessMBJ. @MKEBizJournal ow.ly/BDOYi - 1 day ago
Author Archives: Chelsea Emelie Kelly
How do art museums engage teenagers? We offer a number of internships at the Milwaukee Art Museum for teens, but for most students, their first (and sometimes only) exposure to the Museum is through a school field trip. In collaboration … Continue reading
At the entrance to the permanent collection galleries at the Milwaukee Art Museum, you’ll find something new as of December 2013: what we affectionately call in-house our “Prototyping Pedestal.” So what exactly is it?
This past summer, we hosted 30 Americans, featuring works of art by contemporary African-American artists. The exhibition was, by the numbers, a huge success: we had an attendance goal of 85,140 and our actual attendance was 114,389! But impact goes … Continue reading
In late March, this semester’s group of Satellite teens took a field trip to the Chipstone Foundation in Fox Point, WI. You probably knew that Chipstone has a great decorative arts collection and produces progressive exhibitions in the Lower Level … Continue reading
Happy birthday, Milwaukee Art Museum! You’re looking pretty good for 125, if we do say so ourselves. To celebrate the Museum’s anniversary, we’ve got a whole lot of stuff going on. From concurrent exhibitions to community days, your 125th is … Continue reading