- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- RT @CitiesAndEyes: Morning at @MilwaukeeArt #museum: lots of flowers + fantastic exhibition on @EBONYMag and black #fashion http://t.co/jGL… - 2 hours ago
- RT @hometownest: So excited to be enjoying spring and supporting local artists @MilwaukeeArt #beautyinbloom #spring - 2 hours ago
- RT @janetgourley: So much for families to do @MilwaukeeArt! Check it all out here: mam.org/artgeneration/ #MuseumWeek #familyMW http://t.co… - 3 hours ago
- RT @CMPerceptions: The lecture starts soon! Join us at the @MilwaukeeArt Museum's #BeautyInBloom #ARTLife http://t.co/d6blYbRymg - 3 hours ago
- Join us at the Kohl’s Art Generation Studio for instant family fun! #MuseumWeek #FamilyMW http://t.co/lVWsjb296q - 4 hours ago
Author Archives: Janet Gourley
Many people don’t know that The Calling by Mark di Suvero (the orange sunburst sculpture that sits at the lake end of Wisconsin Avenue) has been part of the Milwaukee Art Museum’s permanent collection since the sculpture’s creation in 1981. The … Continue reading
Tomorrow’s “MAM After Dark: Mr. Wright” will celebrate Frank Lloyd Wright: Organic Architecture for the 21st Century. There will be great music, tours of the exhibition, and a twenty by twenty foot Lego pit, hosted by the American Institute of … Continue reading
The Kohl’s Art Generation Studio has some very nifty doors. They appear to be frosted glass, until you flip a light switch and *click* they are clear. How do they work?!? Here is a full scientific explanation, thanks to the Department of … Continue reading
Photographer and social documentarian Milton Rogovin passed away last week at 101. His legacy can be found in his photographs of the underprivileged in the United States, enlightening us and provoking our compassion. His strong drive to explore social inequality led … Continue reading
I love that the Milwaukee Art Museum doesn’t shy away from controversial contemporary artists. You might remember a work in the Museum’s Collection Galleries by Wafaa Bilal and Shawn Lawson that was temporarily installed in the Museum’s Impressionism Gallery in 2007: the Bar at the Folies Bergère … Continue reading