- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- #MAMAfterDark is back again April 17, partnering with Diverse and Resilient for an epic night of entertainment! mam.org/afterdark/ - 12 hours ago
- #HBD Vincent van Gogh! Can’t wait to see Van Gogh's “La Maison de la Crau" this summer at Van Gogh to Pollock @MilwaukeeArt! - 15 hours ago
- RT @BobbyOnMKEcom: How @MilwaukeeArt curators figure out where everything will go in the new galleries: Tiny art! onmilwaukee.com/ent/articles/m… ht… - 22 hours ago
- Make your Easter Brunch reservations at Café Calatrava! mam.org/calendar/event… - 22 hours ago
- RT @KatyLaneDesigns: My Kandinsky board pinterest.com/katylanedesign… inspired by my favorite exhibit from last summer @MilwaukeeArt! http://t.co… - 1 day ago
Author Archives: Claudia Mooney
The exhibition Face Jugs: Art and Ritual in 19th Century South Carolina, on view this past summer at the Milwaukee Art Museum (and currently on tour through South Carolina, Alabama and Georgia), provided us at Chipstone with a rare hands-on … Continue reading
Those of you that have been through Face Jugs: Art and Ritual in 19th Century South Carolina might be wondering what the big silvery face jug is and how it fits into the exhibition. It’s a contemporary artwork by artist … Continue reading
Last month I wrote about the Chipstone Foundation’s new acquisition, an early Edgefield face jug with writing on the back. Since then, our curatorial team has uncovered the meaning behind the elusive inscription. Before revealing this discovery, I’ll catch you … Continue reading
The Chipstone Foundation’s upcoming exhibition at the Milwaukee Art Museum Face Jugs: Art and Ritual in 19th-century South Carolina opens April 26. I will write more about the exhibition next month, but I want to give you a preview of … Continue reading