- Dave Wyman on What Does It Mean To “Curate”?
- sue berce on Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff?
- Tech Talk: What’s On Your Phone, MAM Staff? | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 2
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions | The Pararchive Project on Beyond Digital: Open Collections and Cultural Institutions, Part 1
- RT @BobbyOnMKEcom: Here's an illustrated update of the construction progress @MilwaukeeArt Museum: onmilwaukee.com/ent/articles/m… http://t.co/Mevwg… - 11 hours ago
- RT @onmilwaukee: Get an exclusive first look how the construction is coming along at @MilwaukeeArt: buff.ly/1KbxWOr http://t.co/qXI… - 12 hours ago
- RT @sashasinclair: #HangoutwithArt: youtu.be/Tq4GqEOdDsc via @YouTube Free #art course online from @MilwaukeeArt - 1 day ago
- RT @YelpMKE: RSVPs now open for @MilwaukeeArt/#YelpMKE's #Frostbite Ball! Snag advance tix for access to the Polar Vortex VIP: http://t.co/… - 1 day ago
- RT @lacicoppins: Excited to be highlighted in the @milwaukeeart and @google, Massive Open Online Course! artdaily.com/news/76060/Mil… - 1 day ago
Author Archives: Mel Buchanan
I’ve just learned that Hilda Jesser could design anything. Correction: I’ve just learned who Hilda Jesser was. To back up, I should explain that I often use this blog as an excuse to explore something in the Museum’s collection that … Continue reading
Late in 2010 I advocated that the Museum accept a Ray and Charles Eames DCW (“Dining Chair Wood”) into the Permanent Collection. No big surprise there, as this bent plywood chair is the iconic work of two of the most … Continue reading
German artist Wilhelm Trübner’s depiction of Salome shows the New Testament character brazenly nude, holding the head of John the Baptist on a platter. When this painting by an admittedly-minor artist was recently rotated into the permanent collection gallery #11, … Continue reading
This blog is about museum life “Under the Wings,” right? One of the most important and perhaps most buried “under the wings” duties of the curatorial department is the care of the art collection (housing, safe transport, conservation) including the … Continue reading
Do you think this rusty iron folding chair deserves a place in a world-class art museum alongside priceless paintings by Mark Rothko and Vassily Kandinsky? It looks like something you might find in a barn. Well, in fact, it did … Continue reading