If you really want to put this painting in context, look no further than YouTube or Netflix. In 1972, Italian filmmaker Franco Zeffirelli directed the biopic Brother Sun, Sister Moon, focusing on the life of St. Francis. You can watch a great clip of the scene of his conversion below–in which he renounces his family wealth–or rent the movie to see the whole story of St. Francis’ life.
- Juan Pablo Ruiz on Slow Art–Bouguereau’s Homer and His Guide
- James Hucke on Lewandowski’s Mosaic Mural at the Milwaukee County War Memorial Center
- Beyond Digital: Open Collections & Cultural Institutions | Art Museum Teaching on Teens Discuss Postcards from America
- Gerald Braden on From Museum Storage–Elihu Vedder’s “Star of Bethlehem”
- Italian artist Sofonisba Anguissola revisited, and her contemporaries | Dear Kitty. Some blog on Mythology at the Milwaukee Art Museum–Part 1
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.