If you really want to put this painting in context, look no further than YouTube or Netflix. In 1972, Italian filmmaker Franco Zeffirelli directed the biopic Brother Sun, Sister Moon, focusing on the life of St. Francis. You can watch a great clip of the scene of his conversion below–in which he renounces his family wealth–or rent the movie to see the whole story of St. Francis’ life.
- Adrienne Morris on From the Collection–On the Eve of Her Wedding by Antonio Mancini
- Christina Zawadiwsky on Happy Birthday, Frida Kahlo!
- Susan Eiden on From the Collection–Possum Trot
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Meissen Porcelain Manufactory, Two-Handled Urn
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Mythology at the Milwaukee Art Museum–Part 1
- RT @Hprail: Van Gogh to Pollock: Modern Rebels @MilwaukeeArt @visitmilwaukee @jackyrun my homage to Norman afterglowcreative.net http://t.… - 8 hours ago
- RT @Hprail: #creative #photography afterglowcreative.net at @MilwaukeeArt @visitmilwaukee travels with @jackyrun http://t.co/drEnB79P0Q - 8 hours ago
- RT @michaelmuth15: I definitely think I'm going to shed tears once the Modern Rebels exhibit at the @MilwaukeeArt closes because I love the… - 8 hours ago
- RT @themjsticvision: Great art inspires creativity! Getting my fill of inspiration today at the #modernrebels exhibit at @MilwaukeeArt http… - 8 hours ago
- Visitors of all ages love #VanGoghToPollock! See the exhibition for free this Thursday during Meijer… instagram.com/p/5-cwbUn95J/ - 13 hours ago