If you really want to put this painting in context, look no further than YouTube or Netflix. In 1972, Italian filmmaker Franco Zeffirelli directed the biopic Brother Sun, Sister Moon, focusing on the life of St. Francis. You can watch a great clip of the scene of his conversion below–in which he renounces his family wealth–or rent the movie to see the whole story of St. Francis’ life.
- Adrienne Morris on From the Collection–On the Eve of Her Wedding by Antonio Mancini
- Christina Zawadiwsky on Happy Birthday, Frida Kahlo!
- Susan Eiden on From the Collection–Possum Trot
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Meissen Porcelain Manufactory, Two-Handled Urn
- From the Collection–Theseus by Jacques Lipchitz | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on Mythology at the Milwaukee Art Museum–Part 1
- RT @JackieP_EUA: Happy Birthday Santiago Calatrava! @MilwaukeeArt ow.ly/2buhen http://t.co/hQi6CVtTKL - 13 hours ago
- RT @chipstone_org: Our newest acquisition! Going straight into the Dave Project gallery @MilwaukeeArt. #acquisition… instagram.com/p/5sWdx9EojJ/ - 13 hours ago
- #HBD architect Santiago Calatrava! Here he is pictured during the construction of MAM's #Calatrava… instagram.com/p/5r7kTin9yl/ - 17 hours ago
- #HBD @S_Calatrava!! http://t.co/b6s3h2MUfs - 17 hours ago
- RT @360Magazine: RT @360Magazine: @MilwaukeeArt Museum is one of the nation's best! @TravelWI @geigerpr … instagram.com/p/5e2OsQktGF/ - 1 day ago