If you really want to put this painting in context, look no further than YouTube or Netflix. In 1972, Italian filmmaker Franco Zeffirelli directed the biopic Brother Sun, Sister Moon, focusing on the life of St. Francis. You can watch a great clip of the scene of his conversion below–in which he renounces his family wealth–or rent the movie to see the whole story of St. Francis’ life.
- Christina Zawadiwsky on Jules Bastien-Lepage and the Newlyn School
- karliwurzelbacher on Mr. Layton’s Gallery–The Salon-Style Hang
- Karen Thaker on School Programs: Young Minds Create!
- Found: Local Milwaukee Artist - CURIO LOVE on Milwaukee Studio Visit: Beth Eaton Pottery
- What is the Difference Between Ceramic and Pottery?Handmade Pottery with Soulful Ceramics on German Tankards and Steins: Part 2–Stoneware Vessels
- Happy Birthday to Dale Chihuly! @ChihulyStudio - 9 hours ago
- What are you exploring this weekend at #DOMKE? @HistoricMKE - 12 hours ago
- RT @SocialRugratMKE: ☆ @MilwaukeeArt Kohl’s Art Generation Open Studio TOMORROW bit.ly/1lC8l9Q http://t.co/AD2fe34o0o - 1 day ago
- Happy Birthday to Mark di Suvero! Which work in the @MilwaukeeArt collection is his? - 2 days ago
- Good luck to our friends @PfisterHotel and @IronHorseHotel in #BrandMadnessMBJ bizjournals.com/milwaukee/blog… - 2 days ago