If you really want to put this painting in context, look no further than YouTube or Netflix. In 1972, Italian filmmaker Franco Zeffirelli directed the biopic Brother Sun, Sister Moon, focusing on the life of St. Francis. You can watch a great clip of the scene of his conversion below–in which he renounces his family wealth–or rent the movie to see the whole story of St. Francis’ life.
- Chelsea Emelie Kelly on From the Collection–MMPI (Self-Portrait in Yellow) by Tony Oursler
- Christina Zawadiwsky on From the Collection–Taxi Ride to Sarah’s Studio by Jim Campbell
- amateurumpire on From the Collection–MMPI (Self-Portrait in Yellow) by Tony Oursler
- Christina Zawadiwsky on German Tankards and Steins: Part 4—Porcelain
- German Tankards and Steins: Part 4—Porcelain | Milwaukee Art Museum Blog on From the Collection–Chestnut Bowl and Stand
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.