If you really want to put this painting in context, look no further than YouTube or Netflix. In 1972, Italian filmmaker Franco Zeffirelli directed the biopic Brother Sun, Sister Moon, focusing on the life of St. Francis. You can watch a great clip of the scene of his conversion below–in which he renounces his family wealth–or rent the movie to see the whole story of St. Francis’ life.
- Christina Zawadiwsky on Jules Bastien-Lepage and the Newlyn School
- karliwurzelbacher on Mr. Layton’s Gallery–The Salon-Style Hang
- Karen Thaker on School Programs: Young Minds Create!
- Found: Local Milwaukee Artist - CURIO LOVE on Milwaukee Studio Visit: Beth Eaton Pottery
- What is the Difference Between Ceramic and Pottery?Handmade Pottery with Soulful Ceramics on German Tankards and Steins: Part 2–Stoneware Vessels
- Happy Birthday to Mark di Suvero! Which work in the @MilwaukeeArt collection is his? - 4 hours ago
- Good luck to our friends @PfisterHotel and @IronHorseHotel in #BrandMadnessMBJ bizjournals.com/milwaukee/blog… - 5 hours ago
- Happening tonight! mam.org/calendar/event… @UWM - 7 hours ago
- Two @MilwaukeeArt sponsors - @Palermos_Pizza and Kohl's have advanced in #BrandMadnessMBJ. @MKEBizJournal ow.ly/BDOYi - 9 hours ago
- RT @JoelBerkowitz: Tonight, my fab @UWM colleague Lisa Silverman's lecture @MilwaukeeArt: on.fb.me/1uK36XA @JewishMilwaukee @UWMilwLe… - 9 hours ago